Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
- USG for Humanitarian Affairs/ERC, Mark Lowcock - Remarks at the Member States briefing on DR Congo - 16 Nov 2017
- OCHA: DR Congo Overview (Nov 2017)
- OCHA : RD Congo - Sud-Kivu & Maniema : Note d’informations humanitaires du 14/11/2017
Appeals & Funding
- Appel Éclair: Plan de Réponse D’urgence Avril 2017
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier 2017 - Décembre 2019
- FAO DRC Response Plan 2017–2018: Kasaï and Tanganyika Provinces
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- Burundi Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan–Dec 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
In 2014, there were 1,038 child casualties in 33 states and one other area from landmines, victim-activated improvised explosive devices (IEDs), cluster munition remnants, and other explosive remnants of war (ERW)—henceforth mines/ERW. Of this total, 319 children were killed and 716 were injured.
Marking Universal Children's Day, 20 November, the Landmine and Cluster Munition Monitor Victim Assistance Team releases a fact sheet on ‘The Impact of Mines/ERW on Children’.
The factsheet, The Impact of Mines/ERW on Children, produced annually since 2009, provides an update on casualty data and assistance to child survivors in 2013.
Convention on Cluster Munitions promoted at UN disarmament discussions
A special event on the Convention on Cluster Munitions took place on 19 October 2010 in New York during the UN First Committee on Disarmament and International Security. The event was co-hosted by Lao PDR and Japan and chaired by Mr Jarmo Sareva from UN ODA. A special opening message was given by Ms. Asha Rose Migiro, UN Deputy Secretary-General. Remarks were given by Mr. Akio Suda, Permanent Representative of Japan to CD; Ms.