Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- North Kivu, DRC: MSF scales up patient care activities amid growing tensions and decreased access to healthcare
- Three years on: Girls returning from conflict in DR Congo find acceptance through education
- UN Human Rights Office says credible reports suggest at least 890 killed in western DRC violence in mid-December
- New Hope with Ebola Drug Trial
- UNHCR and partners seek US$296 million for Burundi refugee crisis
- 20,000+ refugees and IDPs received relief packages across South Sudan in December 2018.
- 19,000+ refugees relocated to Pamir and Ajoung Thok refugee camp in 2018.
- 400+ refugee newborns registered in December 2018 in Upper Nile.
Working with Partners in 2018
- UNHCR works closely with the Government of South Sudan to deliver assistance and protection services to refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs).
“My community now accepts me without question and sometimes girls in my community come to visit me. This makes me happy.”
Since we began research in Eastern DR Congo three years ago this month, life for this 16-year-old girl and hundreds like her formerly associated with armed groups has changed immeasurably.
In January 2016 we set out to understand what happens when girls return home from armed conflict and assess the support they receive once free from armed groups.
À la fin du mois de décembre 2018, 21 Plans de réponse humanitaire (HRP) et le Plan régional de réponse pour la Syrie (3RP) nécessitaient 24,93 milliards de dollars pour assister 97,9 millions de personnes ayant un besoin urgent d’assistance humanitaire. Les financements requis restaient identiques à ceux enregistrés à fin du mois de novembre 2018. Les plans sont financés à hauteur de 14,58 milliards de dollars, comblant 58,5% des besoins financiers pour 2018.
Bruxelles, le 16 janvier 2019
Alors que le nombre de personnes frappées par des crises humanitaires dans le monde ne cesse de grossir, l'UE a adopté pour 2019 un budget initial annuel pour l'aide humanitaire sans précédent, d'un montant de 1,6 milliard d'euros.
Entre conflits régionaux de longue durée au Moyen-Orient et en Afrique et incidence grandissante du changement climatique sur la planète, les crises humanitaires s'aggravent, tandis que les combats compromettent le bon acheminement de l'aide aux plus nécessiteux.
During the month of December 2018, 3,637 persons from South Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Burundi arrived in Uganda, with the majority from DRC. The humanitarian situation remains unpredictable in South Sudan and the DRC.
Refugees from South Sudan continue to report fleeing primarily out of fear of attack by fighters from either side of the conflict inside the country, while those from DRC report inter-ethnic clashes and fear of post-election violence.
Brussels, 16 January 2019
As more and more people face humanitarian crises worldwide, the EU has adopted its highest ever initial annual humanitarian budget of €1.6 billion for 2019.
From long-lasting conflicts in the Middle East and Africa, to the growing impact of climate change worldwide, humanitarian crises are worsening and conflict threatens aid delivery to those most in need.
By Alphonse Tshikala
Until a few years ago, no one had heard of the Kasai, then one of the most peaceful provinces in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). Since August 2016 however, this safe haven has become synonymous with atrocities and unspeakable violence. Hundreds of thousands of people had to flee to save their lives; their children were used to fight and kill; and schools and healthcare centres were destroyed, pillaged, or burned.
Ceci est un résumé des déclarations du porte-parole du HCR Charlie Yaxley – à qui toute citation peut être attribuée – lors de la conférence de presse du 15 janvier 2019 au Palais des Nations à Genève.
Le HCR, l’Agence des Nations Unies pour les réfugiés, et 35 partenaires lancent un appel de fonds conjoint d’un montant de 296 millions de dollars pour fournir, en 2019, une aide désespérément nécessaire à 345 000 réfugiés burundais dans les pays voisins.
This is a summary of what was said by UNHCR spokesperson Charlie Yaxley – to whom quoted text may be attributed – at today's press briefing at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, and 35 partners are today jointly appealing for US$296 million to provide desperately needed aid in 2019 to some 345,000 Burundian refugees in neighbouring countries.
Burundi is one of the most neglected refugee situations globally. And measurably so: in 2018 it was among the world’s least-funded.
Security Incidents and Access Constraints
Central African Republic
At the end of December 2018, 21 Humanitarian Response Plans (HRP) and the Syria Regional Response Plan (3RP) required US$24.93 billion to assist 97.9 million people in urgent need of humanitarian support. The requirements remained unchanged as of the end of November 2018. The plans are funded at $14.58 billion which amounts to 58.5 per cent of financial requirements for 2018. Notably, the percentage of total funding contributed through humanitarian response plans carried out by the UN with partners in 2018 is estimated at 62.9%.
posté le 9 JANVIER 2019 par DJENNY
Je voudrais partager avec tous les lecteurs quelques faits malheureux que les jeunes filles vivent au quotidien, du fait de la survenance des règles menstruelles. Je le fais avec l’espoir que, de là où vous êtes, vous ne manquerez pas de poser un acte en leur faveur.
Les menstruations, un moment de notre vie où tout s’arrête
posted on 9 JANUARY 2019 by DJENNY
I would like to share with all readers some sad realities that young girls live on a daily basis, which stem from the occurrence of menstruation. I write this article with the hope that, from where you are, you will act in their favour.
Menstruation, a moment in our lives when everything stops
Approximately 3,000 Persons participated in a youth cultural festival organized by the Refugee Youth committee in Ajuong Thok refugee camp.
50 women Graduated from handicraft training at Bor’s women centre.
3,133,640 SSP Generated by refugee entrepreneurs in Upper Nile.
INSIDE SOUTH SUDAN
294,776 Refugees inside South Sudan as of 30 November 2018.
1.97 million IDPs in South Sudan including 194,916 in UNMISS Protection of Civilians sites as of 10 December 2018.
352.3 mt of food assistance distributed
US$ 5.9m (December to May) six months net funding requirements
176,611 people assisted in November 2018
50,000 smallholder farmers to be supported
136,000 pregnant and nursing women and children under the age of two to be supported with improved access and use of nutritious food
US$16.6 m six months funding shortfall 288,000 refugees and asylum seekers to receive food assistance in camps in Tanzania
• The Strategic Response Plan (SRP) was reviewed by the Ministry of Health, leading to SRP 2.1 which covers the period up to 31 January 2019. Following this, the total budget required for the overall Ebola response in North Kivu and Ituri provinces for August 2018 to January 2019 is now estimated at USD 128.6 million, up from SRP 2’s USD 105 million.