Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
- OCHA: Haut-Katanga, Haut-Lomami et Lualaba : Note d’informations humanitaires du 13 septembre 2017
- OCHA : Weekly Humanitarian Update (04 - 08 September 2017)
- USAID Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #4, Fiscal Year (FY) 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Appel Éclair: Plan de Réponse D’urgence Avril 2017
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier 2017 - Décembre 2019
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- Burundi Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan–Dec 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
Since gaining independence in 1962, Uganda has provided asylum to people fleeing war and persecution in neighboring countries, especially South Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Somalia, Rwanda and Burundi. Uganda's progressive refugee policy grant refugees freedom of movement, the right to seek employment and establish businesses, and to access public services such as education, health care and justice. In refugee-hosting districts, services are integrated with government service delivery systems, whenever feasible.
12 September 2017
Recent attacks on Zemio, in southeast Central African Republic, have closed down the hospital and forced the city’s population, including MSF staff members, to flee. MSF medical coordinator Wil van Roekel describes the ramifications of the violence, including on some 1,600 HIV patients who need daily medication to survive.
What is the situation in Zemio now?
In August, the number of South Sudanese seeking refuge in neighboring countries reached the 2 million mark, the highest number of refugees since South Sudan gained independence in 2011. Of those, 1 million are in Uganda. In August, thousands fled fighting in Yei, Kajo-keji, Kapoeta North, Mundri West, Morobo and Maridi counties. More people also fled to Ethiopia and Sudan following clashes in Aburoc and Pagak in Upper Nile during the month.
Kananga, le 11 septembre 2017 (caritasdev.cd) : En visite au Kasaï-Central, le président de la Conférence Episcopale nationale du Congo (CENCO), Mgr Utembi, et le Nonce Apostolique, Mgr Montemayor, ont rencontré vendredi 8 septembre à Kananga des représentants des agences humanitaires qui travaillent dans cette région. A cette occasion, Mgr Utembi a notamment plaidé pour des interventions urgentes en faveur des enfants et de personnes âgées affectées par les violences qui ont secoué la région du Kasaï.
In Lóvua, there are currently 1,495 refugees living in the settlement, the next relocation is scheduled for 31 August from Cacanda reception centre.
A Child Friendly Space has been established in Lóvua with 264 children out of 754 attending in the first week of operation.
Malaria cases have decreased, however due to the start of the rainy season this trend is expected to invert.
Of Congolese refugees in Angola are women and children