Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
- OCHA: Haut-Katanga, Haut-Lomami et Lualaba : Note d’informations humanitaires du 13 septembre 2017
- OCHA : Weekly Humanitarian Update (04 - 08 September 2017)
- USAID Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #4, Fiscal Year (FY) 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Appel Éclair: Plan de Réponse D’urgence Avril 2017
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier 2017 - Décembre 2019
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- Burundi Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan–Dec 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
Our methodology uses 9 indicators, grouped under 3 categories:
Access of humanitarian actors to affected population
Access of people in need to humanitarian aid
Security and physical constraints Each category is measured through proxy indicators, such as violence against personnel, denial of needs, or active hostilities.
Data is collected at the country level and may therefore not show disparities between sub-regions.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 69 countries in the second quarter of 2017 (April to June). The maps on pages 6–7 provide impact analysis dis-aggregated to sub-national level.
Note by the Secretary-General
The Secretary-General has the honour to transmit to the General Assembly the report of the Director-General of the World Health Organization, submitted in accordance with General Assembly resolution 70/300.
Report of the Director-General of the World Health Organization on consolidating gains and accelerating efforts to control and eliminate malaria in developing countries, particularly in Africa, by 2030
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 70 countries in the first quarter of 2017 (January to March).1 The maps on pages 6–7 disaggregate the impact analysis to sub-national level.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 71 countries in the fourth quarter of 2016 (October to December).1 The maps on pages 6–7 disaggregate the impact analysis to sub-national level.
The map below shows asylum applications by under age 18 year olds and gender. Darker colours mean more people have applied in a certain country. Use the slider to select a year or the drop down menus below to display data for different age groups or different home countries.
Global Overview NOVEMBER 2016
To Walk the Earth in Safety 2016: U.S. Global Leadership in Landmine Clearance and Conventional Weapons Destruction
Office of the Spokesperson
November 17, 2016
Global Overview OCTOBER 2016
El CIVICUS Monitor, una nueva herramienta de investigación online que califica el espacio cívico y documenta las violaciones a los derechos en todo el mundo, pone de manifiesto un impacto global.
Los gobiernos restringen el espacio cívico y callan las voces disidentes
L’impact mondial est exposé au grand jour par le CIVICUS Monitor, un nouvel outil de recherche en ligne notant l'espace civique dans le monde et documentant les violations des droits.
Les gouvernements referment l'espace civique et font taire les voix dissidentes
Global impact laid bare by the CIVICUS Monitor, a new online research tool that rates civic space around the world and documents violations of rights
Governments shutting down civic space and shutting up dissenting voices
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 70 countries in the third quarter of 2016 (July to September). The maps on pages 6–7 disaggregate the impact analysis to sub-national level.
CrisisWatch is a monthly early warning bulletin designed to provide a regular update on the state of the most significant situations of conflict around the world.
Global Overview, August 2016
Alert 2016! Report on conflicts, human rights and peacebuilding is a yearbook providing an analysis of the state of the world in terms of conflict and peacebuilding from four perspectives: armed conflicts, socio-political crises, peace processes and gender, peace and security.
Global Overview – Trends and Outlook
In a wide-ranging opening speech to the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra'ad al Hussein sheds a light on "preventable calamities" and worrying trends in human rights around the world, including detailed concerns about the situation in more than 50 countries
Distinguished President of the Council,
Colleagues and friends
Further mass migration inevitable as persecution is ignored in states where peoples are under threat, says MRG New global ranking of countries where civilians most at risk of mass killing
With the refugee crisis far from over, the failure to address persecution in states where peoples are under severe threat makes further mass population movements inevitable, says Minority Rights Group International (MRG).
- The Emergency Transit Centres were established to provide emergency protection and the possibility to evacuate refugees who could not be protected in their countries of asylum. Temporary relocation of refugees who required resettlement on an urgent or emergency basis to an Evacuation Transit Facility (ETF) was expected to serve five objectives, namely:
Provide timely and effective protection to an individual or group of individuals of concern to UNHCR;