Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- Aid work suspended due to deadly attack in DR Congo
- 155 children left orphaned or separated from their parents in DRC’s latest Ebola outbreak
- WHO AFRO Outbreaks and Other Emergencies, Week 38: 15 - 21 September 2018 (Data as reported by 17:00; 21 September 2018)
- Democratic Republic of Congo – Ebola outbreak (DG ECHO, UN, DRC MoH) (ECHO Daily Flash of 22 September 2018)
- We do our best to inform the people of Butembo and the surrounding area
Prospects for 2014 global cereal production improve further with upward revisions to coarse grains and wheat forecasts, contributing to an enhanced cereal supply outlook for 2014/15.
International prices of wheat and maize dropped in June, reflecting favourable production prospects, while rice export quotations increased slightly. Cereal export prices were overall lower than their year earlier levels.
FAO’s forecasts for global cereal production, consumption, trade and stocks in 2013/14 have all been raised since February, with overall supply conditions significantly improved compared to the previous season.
Export prices of wheat rose in February mainly on concerns about the 2014 winter wheat crop in the United States. Prices of maize also increased, supported by strong domestic and export demand for feed and industrial use. Overall, however, cereal export prices remained below their year-earlier levels.
This report covers the period 17/January/2009 to 31/December/2009.
Programme purpose: The 2009-2010 West and Central Africa Zone's (WCAZ) Plan aims at providing support to National Societies to properly address the needs of vulnerable people. The 2009 plan of action focuses on the implementation of the safety and resilient community framework. Integrated approach targeting community at risk has been developed with NS and PNS that covers DRR, Health and OD issues at branch level with strong community participation. Some of the projects will continue in 2010.
No new emergencies of significance have reported this week but the ongoing chronic crises continue. The trend of meningitis in Burkina Faso has become alarming after two consecutive years of decrease. Protracted crises in Eastern DRC as well as several disease outbreaks are still ongoing. Member states are receiving support from WHO for response mainly through the Health Clusters.
Pas de nouvelles urgences d'importance constatées mais poursuite des crises en cours. La tendance de l'épidémie de méningite devient alarmante après deux années de baisse consécutive. La crise chronique dans l'est de la RDC aussi bien que plusieurs épidémies continuent. Les Etats Membres reçoivent l'appui de l'OMS pour la réponse principalement à travers les clusters santé.
We are still monitoring the situation In Uganda (after the landslide) where heavy rainfalls continue. The cycle of ethno-religious violence in Nigeria does not seem to stop with another clash reported this week. Protracted crises in Eastern DRC as well as several disease outbreaks are still ongoing. Member states are receiving support from WHO for response mainly through the Health Clusters.