Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- ALIMA opens an Ebola treatment center in DRC equipped with biosecure emergency care units (CUB)
- Returning Congolese find homes in ruins, livelihoods destroyed
- Ebola Outbreak in Democratic Republic Congo is ‘largely contained’: WHO
- Au Kasaï, les enfants continuent de souffrir de malnutrition
- Enhanced interactive dialogue on the Democratic Republic of the Congo, 3 July 2018: Statement by UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein
GENEVA, Nov 21 (KUNA) -- The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UN OCHA) said Friday the internally displaced persons (IDPs) and local populations in Kanyabayonga, Rwindi, Kirumba and Mabenga in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) are living in constant fear due to insecurity, lootings, illegal barriers and abuses.
UN OCHA spokesperson Elizabeth Byrs said that departures towards north (Butembo, Lubero, Beni) have been observed following the deterioration of the security situation in the region north of Rutshuru and South Lubero.
Geneva, January 13 (KUNA) - UNOCHA spokeswoman Elizabeth Byrs said Friday that pledges that were made Thursday in the one-day meeting include more than USD 105,820,106 promised for Sudan, and USD 36,475,292 for the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
GENEVA, JANUARY 22 (KUNA) -- THE UN OFFICE FOR HUMANITARIAN COORDINATION ANNOUNCED HERE THAT THE HUMANITARIAN AGENCIES ARE APPEALING FOR USD 15 MILLION TO ASSIST THE AFFECTED POPULATION BY THE NYIRAGONGO VOLCANIC ACTIVITY IN THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO (DRC).