Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- Children particularly affected by the Ebola outbreak in the DRC – UNICEF
- Les enfants sont particulièrement touchés par l’épidémie d’Ebola en RDC
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo Situation: Regional Contingency Plan (August 2018)
- Ebola - Hope is at the end of the tunnel in Mangina - (East of the DRC).
- WHO AFRO Outbreaks and Other Emergencies, Week 33: 11 - 17 August (Data as reported by 17:00; 17 August 2018)
Safe, fresh food for city dwellers
1 February 2007, Rome - The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization has opened a new front in its battle against hunger and malnutrition - in the world's cities where most of global population growth is set to take place over the next decades.
"Urban agriculture" may seem a contradiction, but that is what FAO is supporting as one element in urban food supply systems in response to the surging size of the cities of the developing world - and to their fast-advancing slums - according to Alison Hodder, senior horticulturist with …
Favourable prospects for 2007 world cereal crops, mainly following expansion of plantings in Europe and North America, coupled with generally satisfactory weather conditions.
FAO's latest estimates put global cereal output in 2006 at just under 2 billion tonnes, 2.7 percent lower than in the previous year but still above average.