Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
- OCHA: Bulletin humanitaire R.D. Congo - Numéro 5 | novembre 2017
- OCHA : Sud-Kivu & Maniema : Note d’informations humanitaires du 05/12/2017
- IFRC: DRC: Population Movement DREF n° MDRCD022 Operations Update n°02
Appeals & Funding
- Appel Éclair: Plan de Réponse D’urgence Avril 2017
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier 2017 - Décembre 2019
- FAO DRC Response Plan 2017–2018: Kasaï and Tanganyika Provinces
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- Burundi Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan–Dec 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- DR Congo mega crisis forcing millions to flee
- Kasai, DRC: Millions at risk as funding dries up
- Humanitarian aid should be amped up for South Sudanese refugees in DRC
- Democratic Republic of the Congo Overview (November 2017)
- 7 million children under threat in the DRC: Brussels donor meeting has to focus on saving more lives
by Christina Parsons
The first container of 2016 destined for HEAL Africa’s Hospital in Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo is being packed at Health Partners International of Canada’s distribution centre.
Along with the usual contents of medical and surgical supplies, HPIC will be providing four skids of essential medicines.
MONTREAL (Nov. 28, 2012) - With rebel groups and the army on the move in eastern Congo, HEAL Africa's Hospital in Goma is working over capacity in difficult conditions.
"The operating room is being run on a generator around the clock and there is a real need for more medical supplies," said Wes Robinson, emergency coordinator for Health Partners International of Canada.
The Democratic Republic of Congo in the heart of Africa has been at war, officially and unofficially, for the past 10 years.
In the northwestern part of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), most people who go to the doctor are on the brink of death.
"Every antibiotic treatment that is prescribed is literally saving a life," says Sheldon Gilmer.
Gilmer, who runs Help the Aged's program in DRC, came to HPIC's office recently to share some stories about the difference the donated medicine is making. HPIC has been partnering with Help the Aged since 2003 by providing medicines and supplies.