Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
- UNHCR DR Congo Factsheet, 30 September 2017 EN/FR
- OCHA: Nord-Kivu : Note d’informations humanitaires du 16 Oct 2017)
- IOM Emergency Operations and Humanitarian Coordination Situation Report, September 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Appel Éclair: Plan de Réponse D’urgence Avril 2017
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier 2017 - Décembre 2019
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- Burundi Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan–Dec 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
University of Birmingham
2 March 2017
What does the literature tell us about modern slavery in the Democratic Republic of Congo (including, if available, information on the prevalence of modern slavery in the DRC, the most prevalent forms, the people most at risk and in what ways)?
How are national and regional legal frameworks (including economic and financial system interventions) currently used to control and restrict the illegal wildlife trade (excluding fish or forestry products) in Sub Saharan Africa?
This Topic Guide draws on lessons from programmes and case studies to explore which types of economic development interventions can be effective in FCAS and which factors have contributed to successes and failures.
About this Topic Guide
This GSDRC Topic Guide was written by Katie McIntosh and Joanna Buckley (Oxford Policy Management). The production of this Guide was supported by the UK Government.
Cost of elections in fragile states: Please provide a comparison of how much national elections (Presidential and Parliamentary) have cost per capita in fragile states since 2000.
Key findings: There is limited literature available on this topic. A lot of the information that is available only provides the cost of certain elements of the election, mainly in relation to voter registration. In addition, there appear to be inconsistencies in the costings provided by the available sources.
Sending messages to reduce violent conflict: Identify literature on interventions that send messages, such as through advertising, to change attitudes, norms and behaviour about violent conflict. Where possible identify whether these interventions have been effective and what have been the conceptual models behind them.
What are the gender dimensions of conflict drivers and of stabilisation in the eastern DRC (Democratic Republic of Congo)? Include a very brief description of the state of research and evidence on these topics.
The impact of integrated missions on humanitarian operations: What is the evidence on the impact of integrated UN missions on the conduct of humanitarian operations? Specifically look at impact on the protection of civilians, humanitarian access and the security of humanitarian agencies, and the perception of humanitarian organisations by warring parties.
Evidence remains scarce, problematic and contested. There is at least limited agreement on the following:
Query: Identify and summarise key national and localised information in DRC, on who are the extreme poor and vulnerable, what are the causes of poverty, and how people move in and out of poverty. Include an overview of how poverty is defined, key indicators used and quality of data.