Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
- OCHA: Bulletin humanitaire R.D. Congo - Numéro 5 | novembre 2017
- OCHA : Sud-Kivu & Maniema : Note d’informations humanitaires du 05/12/2017
- IFRC: DRC: Population Movement DREF n° MDRCD022 Operations Update n°02
Appeals & Funding
- Appel Éclair: Plan de Réponse D’urgence Avril 2017
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier 2017 - Décembre 2019
- FAO DRC Response Plan 2017–2018: Kasaï and Tanganyika Provinces
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- Burundi Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan–Dec 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- DR Congo mega crisis forcing millions to flee
- Kasai, DRC: Millions at risk as funding dries up
- Humanitarian aid should be amped up for South Sudanese refugees in DRC
- Democratic Republic of the Congo Overview (November 2017)
- 7 million children under threat in the DRC: Brussels donor meeting has to focus on saving more lives
(Washington, DC, May 21, 2009) - The introduction of legislation in the US Senate and House of Representatives earlier this week to commit the United States to comprehensive efforts to help civilians threatened by one of the world's longest-running and brutal insurgencies is a crucial step forward for US policy in the region, a coalition of 22 human rights, humanitarian, and faith-based groups said today.
If passed, the Lord's Resistance Army Disarmament and Northern Uganda Recovery Act would require the Obama Administration to develop a regional strategy to protect civilians in …
L'adoption de la loi permettrait d'aider les victimes de l'Armée de Résistance du Seigneur
(Washington, DC) - Le nouveau projet de loi présenté devant le Congrès américain et visant un renforcement des efforts pour aider les civils menacés par l'une des insurrections les plus longues et les plus brutales au monde constitue une avancée cruciale pour la politique américaine dans la région, a déclaré aujourd'hui une coalition de vingt-deux associations des droits humains, humanitaires et basées sur la foi.
Si elle venait à être adoptée, la loi relative au désarmement …
Baltimore, December 15, 2008 - Lutheran World Relief quilts and kits arrived last week in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), where conflict continues to disrupt lives.
"In the midst of this conflict, people have had to flee their homes and leave behind everything.
Baltimore , February 23, 2005 -- The need for relief was undeniable. The need for long-term assistance remains a necessity. The outpouring of compassion from Lutheran World Relief supporters has been unprecedented.
Baltimore, January 22, 2002 - Lutheran World Relief, along with other members of the interchurch emergency alliance, Action by Churches Together (ACT), is responding to urgent needs among refugees who fled their homes following the January 17 eruption of a volcano near Goma, Congo.
Baltimore, January 18, 2002 -- The Lutheran World Federation reports from Rwanda that tens of thousands of people fleeing a volcano near Goma, Congo, have made their way across the border into Rwanda seeking shelter in churches, schools and public buildings. Others are believed to have fled into the forests and along the shores of Lake Kivu. Some have already returned to their city to find lost loved ones.
New York -- Fifty thousand refugees have arrived in Bukavu, Zaire, fleeing fighting to the south. ACT, an interchurch aid coalition including Lutheran World Relief, is gearing up to meet minimum basic needs in the area. An airlift of emergency rations is to begin tomorrow. Stocks of medicines, blankets and cooking utensils are being prepared for distribution.
Tens of thousands of Rwandan and other refugees are arriving in Bukavu, Zaire. They are fleeing a flare-up of violence to the south. The fighting reportedly pits Zairean troops against partisans in the civil strife that affects the border areas of Zaire, Burundi and Rwanda.