Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
- UNHCR DR Congo Factsheet, 30 September 2017 EN/FR
- OCHA: Nord-Kivu : Note d’informations humanitaires du 16 Oct 2017)
- IOM Emergency Operations and Humanitarian Coordination Situation Report, September 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Appel Éclair: Plan de Réponse D’urgence Avril 2017
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier 2017 - Décembre 2019
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- Burundi Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan–Dec 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
On World Aids Day, we pay tribute to the people who are working on the frontline of the HIV response. People like Dr Pascal Milenge. He and his teams are providing antiretroviral drugs to health centers in Eastern DR Congo. “In the rainy season it’s a nightmare to reach the remote villages.”
It’s true, great progress has been made in the fight against AIDS in the past 15 years:
15 feb 2016 by Sebastiaan van der Hoek |
That volcanic soil offers an excellent nurturing ground for beans, cassava and onions, I learned from my education at Wageningen University. Intrigued, I look at women who work the land while driving through Rwanda and approaching the border with the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
The news about refugees at the borders of Europe dominates the news. Cordaid's efforts to provide aid to refugees and displaced people span from Greece and Serbia to Northern Iraq, South Sudan and other conflict-affected regions. There are more refugees and internally displaced people than ever before. Nearly 60 million people have had to risk their lives and flee their homes from natural and man-made disasters. As part of the global Caritas network, Cordaid provides aid to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Burundi’s heavily contested presidential elections are held on July 21st, after having been postponed several times. Violence surrounding the elections has caused many Burundians to flee to neighboring East-Congo. The influx of refugees now threatens to destabilize volatile relationships between ethnic groups and attract involvement of the Burundian army in the DRC. Cordaid partner ADEPAE lobbies for international political pressure to uphold peace in the region.
Days before a landmark vote on European conflict minerals regulation, rights groups call on politicians to vote for binding legislation requiring European companies to ensure their mineral purchases do not fund conflict or human rights abuses overseas.
Open Letter to Members of the European Parliament
Groups say agreement is not enough and outline concrete steps that need to be taken
Reiterate call for UN, US and EU to appoint Special Envoys and greater regional involvement
Goma/Kinshasa/ Rome/ Washington DC, 24 February 2013 – A group of prominent Congolese and international NGOs today called on countries in the Great Lakes region, along with their international partners, to ensure that the Peace, Security and Cooperation Framework Agreement signed in Addis Ababa is given the political backing necessary to bring an end to war in the eastern Congo.
Les groupes considèrent que l'accord n'est pas suffisant et proposent des mesures concrètes à prendre
Ils réitèrent leur demande à l'ONU, aux États-Unis et à l'UE de nommer des Envoyés spéciaux et d'accroître l'implication régionale
Kinshasa, DR Congo | 28 Oct 2011
Contested election could lead to widespread violence, warns a coalition of 41 NGOs
In June 2009, NGOs working in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) produced a situation update on the European Union's response to urgent protection and assistance needs in the Eastern provinces of the country.