Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- DR Congo: Red Cross ramps up support as Ebola response enters critical phase
- Children and the DRC Ebola outbreak: 4 things you need to know
- ALIMA opens an Ebola treatment center in DRC equipped with biosecure emergency care units (CUB)
- Children must be at heart of response to Ebola outbreak
- The world’s most neglected displacement crises
On Wednesday, Pact and Microsoft Corp. announced an expanded partnership to address child labor in mining in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). Microsoft has made a new, three-year financial commitment to support Pact’s work to address child labor in mining, and will build on the successful Watoto Inje ya Mungoti (Children Out of Mining) project.
Written by: Yves Bawa
After five years of hard work and patience, artisanal miners are on the job in Walikale – free from fear and violence, with access to legal markets for the tin, tantalum and tungsten that go into our smartphones, tablets and other devices.
Walikale, a territory in North Kivu province in the Democratic Republic of Congo, is among Pact’s biggest achievements.