Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- Democratic Republic of the Congo: violence in Tanganyika and South Kivu fuels one of the world’s worst displacement crises for children – UNICEF
- Changing lives with one swipe in DRC
- Congo's mega-crisis at deadly tipping point
- DR Congo violence sees surge in refugees fleeing eastwards
- UNHCR sounds alert as fresh violence in DR Congo’s Ituri province displaces thousands
This report examines how and to what extent transitional justice approaches have engaged children and considered their needs and perspectives, analyzing the experience of truth-seeking mechanisms, criminal justice, reparations, and institutional reform. It is based on the distilled results of assessments in Colombia, the Ituri District of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Liberia, and Nepal.
The relationship between transitional justice and security system - or sector - reform (SSR) is understudied, yet both contribute to state-building, democratisation and peacebuilding in countries with a legacy of massive human rights abuse.
The human cost of the DRC's wars is immense. The massive extent of human rights violations (including widespread rape and sexual violence) committed since the 1990s in the DRC has been extensively documented, at great personal risk, by Congolese human rights defenders, civil society groups and religious organisations, as well as international non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and agencies.
Deux ans après la tenue des premières élections en République démocratique du Congo (RDC) depuis l'accession du pays à l'indépendance, la RDC arrive à une croisée des chemins. Parmi les principaux défis auxquels le gouvernement est confronté se trouve celui de savoir comment adresser les violations massives des droits de l'homme qui ont été commises contre les citoyens dans un passé récent, afin de poser les jalons de la paix, de la sécurité, de l'état de droit et du respect futur des droits humains.
Two years after the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) held its first elections since independence,the country is at a crossroads. Among the key challenges facing the DRC today is the question of how the country will address the massive human rights atrocities of its recent past to establish a foundation for peace and security, the rule of law, and respect for human rights to prevail in the future.