Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- Real-time IOM Crisis Communications System Deployed to Help Save Lives During Ebola Response in DR Congo
- MSF expands care as Ebola outbreak spreads in DRC
- Two Food for the Hungry staff killed in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Briefing: Problems multiply in Congo’s Kasaï
- DRC 2018 Ebola outbreaks: Crisis update - 19 November 2018
The humanitarian situation for communities in eastern DRC remains precarious, with wide-spread displacement and many unable to access basic services. With needs so great, the urgency to provide assistance is clear. However, it must be delivered in accordance with humanitarian principles, in particular neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
This regional inter-agency appeal aims at mobilizing the emergency response for the influx of refugees from the Central African Republic (CAR) since December 2013 to the Republics of Cameroon and Chad, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and the Republic of Congo (RoC).
Immediate priorities to support the preservation of lives include the provision of food, individual and family protection, health and nutrition, water and sanitation and shelter.