Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- MSF expands care as Ebola outbreak spreads in DRC
- Briefing: Problems multiply in Congo’s Kasaï
- New measures and strong partnership having positive impact on Ebola response in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- La vaccination : un atout pour l’avenir des enfants
- République Démocratique du Congo : Perspectives sur la sécurité alimentaire - octobre 2018 à mai 2019
02 December 2014
Dear Special Envoy,
Following your visit to Goma, DRC, the non-governmental organizations signatory to this letter welcome you to your post, and expresses support of your mission in DRC. As organizations operational in the Kivus, we recognize the challenges in front of you and look forward to working with you and your office towards ensuring effective humanitarian assistance to those in need, whilst addressing key structural and longer-term needs to enable the effective transition from conflict to stability, and to sustainable development.
The humanitarian situation for communities in eastern DRC remains precarious, with wide-spread displacement and many unable to access basic services. With needs so great, the urgency to provide assistance is clear. However, it must be delivered in accordance with humanitarian principles, in particular neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
This regional inter-agency appeal aims at mobilizing the emergency response for the influx of refugees from the Central African Republic (CAR) since December 2013 to the Republics of Cameroon and Chad, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and the Republic of Congo (RoC).
Immediate priorities to support the preservation of lives include the provision of food, individual and family protection, health and nutrition, water and sanitation and shelter.