Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- 155 children left orphaned or separated from their parents in DRC’s latest Ebola outbreak
- Democratic Republic of Congo – Ebola outbreak (DG ECHO, UN, DRC MoH) (ECHO Daily Flash of 22 September 2018)
- 155 enfants sont orphelins ou séparés de leurs parents suite à la dernière épidémie d’Ebola en RDC
- Ebola strikes big city in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and WHO scales up response to new threat
- Democratic Republic of Congo: Ebola Virus Disease - External Situation Report 7
By Xiao Linjun
NAIROBI, Dec 18, 2009 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- African wisdom sheds light on efforts to resolve political crises in 2009, with a series of achievements made to ensure the continent of peace and prosperity in the coming years.
The Democratic Republic of Congo (DR Congo) is in the limelight of 2009 for defusing flare-ups, which until months ago posed a real danger not only to the war-torn central African country, but the entire Great Lakes region.
The key to the success is an African plan worked out by regional leaders, under which DR Congo and neighboring Rwanda, …
ACCRA, Aug 31, 2009 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- Germany on Monday stated that peace and security should be viewed as the topmost priority for accelerated development in Africa.
Hans Christian Winkler, Deputy German Ambassador to Ghana, said: "Germany's policy towards Africa is value-based; its principles are respect for human rights, democracy and the rule of law and peaceful resolution of conflicts.
"Yet Germany also has clearly defined interests.
DAR ES SALAAM, Nov 19, 2004 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- More than a dozen of heads of state gathered here on Friday to attend the inaugural summit of the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region that is expected to bring peace to the region.