Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- Aid work suspended due to deadly attack in DR Congo
- 155 children left orphaned or separated from their parents in DRC’s latest Ebola outbreak
- WHO AFRO Outbreaks and Other Emergencies, Week 38: 15 - 21 September 2018 (Data as reported by 17:00; 21 September 2018)
- Ebola-hit DRC faces ‘perfect storm’ as uptick in violence halts WHO operation
- Central African Refugees in DRC (As of 31 August 2018)
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Iranian Red Crescent Society (IRCS) and Red Cross of the Democratic Republic of the Congo on establishing Technical Orthopedic Rehabilitation Center in Kinshasa, early June 2011.
In the MoU which was signed by IRCS President, Dr. Faghih and his counterpart Mr. Dominique Lutula Kitoko, IRCS is due to equip Technical Orthopedic Rehabilitation Center and cooperate for training of human resources as well as developing the aforesaid center.
The President of the Iranian Red Crescent Society (IRCS), Dr. Faghih in a delegation accompanying by Expediency Council member, Dr. Mozaffar and Public representative in Islamic Parliament, Dr. Mofatteh headed to Democratic Republic of the Congo and opened up a clinical center in Kinshasa on 11 June 2011.