Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Congo's mega-crisis at deadly tipping point
- Democratic Republic of the Congo: violence in Tanganyika and South Kivu fuels one of the world’s worst displacement crises for children – UNICEF
- Changing lives with one swipe in DRC
- WFP Broadens Operation To Stem Severe Hunger In Democratic Republic of Congo's Kasai Region
- DR Congo violence sees surge in refugees fleeing eastwards
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Iranian Red Crescent Society (IRCS) and Red Cross of the Democratic Republic of the Congo on establishing Technical Orthopedic Rehabilitation Center in Kinshasa, early June 2011.
In the MoU which was signed by IRCS President, Dr. Faghih and his counterpart Mr. Dominique Lutula Kitoko, IRCS is due to equip Technical Orthopedic Rehabilitation Center and cooperate for training of human resources as well as developing the aforesaid center.
The President of the Iranian Red Crescent Society (IRCS), Dr. Faghih in a delegation accompanying by Expediency Council member, Dr. Mozaffar and Public representative in Islamic Parliament, Dr. Mofatteh headed to Democratic Republic of the Congo and opened up a clinical center in Kinshasa on 11 June 2011.