Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- DR Congo: 2017-2019 Humanitarian Response Plan - 2018 Update
- Donors Announce $528 Million in Funding to Scale Up Aid Delivery to People in Urgent Need in DRC
- Needs reach fever pitch in Congo as world watches in silence
- DR Congo: Funding urgently needed to avert a catastrophe, says CAFOD
- Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, Mark Lowcock: Statement on United Nations and Humanitarian Community Making Progress in Scaling Up Aid to People in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
REFUGEE NEWS BRIEFINGS
DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO/ BURUNDI: TURBULENT RETURN FOR BANYAMULENGE REFUGEES
On 26 September, a group of 366 Congolese refugees in Burundi crossed into Uvira, in the eastern region of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
U.S. AGENCY FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
BUREAU FOR DEMOCRACY, CONFLICT, AND HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE (DCHA)
OFFICE OF U.S. FOREIGN DISASTER ASSISTANCE (OFDA)
Note: This report updates the last situation report dated May 7, 2004.
NAIROBI, Kenya, May 12 (UNHCR) - With the peace talks covering the decades-long conflict in south Sudan languishing somewhere between breakthrough and breakdown, UNHCR is pushing ahead - cautiously - with plans to repatriate people to war-ravaged south Sudan.
GENEVA, March 5 (UNHCR) - A crisis is brewing in the East and Horn of Africa as the UN World Food Programme runs short of funds to feed some 600,000 refugees in UNHCR's camps.
NAIROBI - The United Nations World Food Programme has given a warning that it will have to cut basic food rations to refugees throughout eastern and central Africa unless immediate donations are received.