Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
- ICG Time for Concerted Action in DR Congo
- OCHA : Sud-Kivu & Maniema : Note d’informations humanitaires du 05/12/2017
- IFRC: DRC: Population Movement DREF n° MDRCD022 Operations Update n°02
Appeals & Funding
- Appel Éclair: Plan de Réponse D’urgence Avril 2017
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier 2017 - Décembre 2019
- IOM Appeal: DR Congo Humanitarian Crisis, 1 January 2018 - 31 December 2018 | Published on 11 December 2017
- FAO DRC Response Plan 2017–2018: Kasaï and Tanganyika Provinces
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- Burundi Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan–Dec 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
Rebuilding Futures in Sri Lanka
In October 2009, MAG began working in Adampan, a district in the northwest Mannar region of Sri Lanka, famed for its paddy fields.
It was unknown just how badly contaminated with landmines and other deadly remnants of conflict the land might be. MAG's survey teams began careful analysis of the area, and in just a few weeks had released 293,443 square metres of safe land that was not contaminated but that people had previously been too frightened to use.
Surveys showed, however, that parts of Adampan did contain some of the million …
"My mandate covers any killings which are in contravention of international law, whether humanitarian law or human rights," said Philip Alston, Special Rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions, at a Headquarters press conference this afternoon.
The Oslo forum 2009 took place against the background of a new optimism, largely heralded by the new US administration and its emphasis on civility in international relations. After a period of confrontation marked by the 'war on terror' and weakening of mediation efforts, there is now a renewed demand in many areas for diplomacy and negotiation.
Main results of the Council
As the fighting drew to an end in Sri Lanka, the Council reiterated its call on the Government urgently to proceed towards a comprehensive political process.
Commission de la population et du développement
Commission on Population and Development
February 24, 2009; New York, NY- American Jewish World Service (AJWS) has recently awarded more than $5.7 million to 224 grassroots project partners in 33 countries. This total marks an increase of nearly $2 million over its last grants review in June. The new grants are divided into five categories, which include sustainable livelihoods and development, community health, community voice, education for all, and community engagement in conflict and emergencies.
Item 67 (b) of the provisional agenda*
By Peter Apps
COLOMBO, April 7 (Reuters) - Rich countries that respond overwhelmingly to high-profile disasters such as the 2004 tsunami should do much more to help victims of lower-profile conflicts, a senior United Nations official said.
"The moral imperative is clear -- you have to build them a better life," said Dennis McNamara, head of the U.N.'s Office for Co-ordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) internal displacement division.
"But there's also a political imperative. You cannot build on the peace process without a stable population base. You …
A LA UNE
Sri Lanka : Les équipes du Comité d'Aide Médicale travaillent dans les camps de déplacés sur les côtes du Sri Lanka depuis janvier pour prodiguer des soins de santé aux victimes les plus démunies suite au Tsunami du 26 décembre. Depuis quelques semaines les travaux de construction de structures de santé en dur on pu commencer, et quelques mois après la catastrophe les médecins et les infirmières des quartiers les plus touchés commencent à retravailler dans des locaux en dur.
Indonésie : Le programme de santé primaire est maintenant totalement opérationnel.