Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- More violence, displacement and hunger for the people of the Democratic Republic of Congo in 2018
- DRC Humanitarian Situation Report, November, 2017
- DRC: As Kasai humanitarian crisis reaches new heights, Red Cross expands response to cholera outbreak
- UN announces special probe into attacks on peacekeepers in eastern DR Congo
- FAO and WFP step up efforts to alleviate hunger in Greater Kasai
This Weekly Bulletin focuses on selected acute public health emergencies occurring in the WHO African Region. The WHO Health Emergencies Programme is currently monitoring 54 events in the region. This week’s edition covers key ongoing events, including:
- Chikungunya in Kenya
- Cholera in Malawi
- Cholera in Zambia
- Suspected Rift Valley fever in South Sudan
- Humanitarian crisis in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2017 (SOFI) has revealed that global hunger is on the rise again after declining for more than two decades. Global hunger rose from 777 million in 2015 to 815 million people in 2016.
The rise in man-made, protracted emergencies means millions are at risk of starving around the globe this year
It’s a difficult new year for the humanitarian system and those reliant on it: a near-record number of people are in need and yet a yawning funding gap will limit what assistance can be provided.
Read more on IRIN.
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Council Regulation (EC) No 1257/96 of 20 June 1996 concerning humanitarian aid,
and in particular Article 2, Article 4 and Article 15(2) and (3) thereof,
Having regard to Council Decision 2013/755/EU of 25 November 2013 on the association of the overseas countries and territories with the European Union ('Overseas Association Decision')2 , and in particular Article 79 thereof,
PROJECTED FOOD ASSISTANCE NEEDS FOR JULY 2018
"I feel so happy to see fellow girls getting skills to stand for themselves, to feed their families, and help their parents and neighbours"
By Pius Sawa
KYANGWALI, Uganda, Jan 11 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - In western Uganda's Kyangwali refugee settlement, Tamari Mutesi teaches tailoring to young women who do not go to school.
Le 11 janvier 2018, le ministre de la Coopération et de l’Action humanitaire, Romain Schneider, a signé six accords-cadres de développement avec les organisations non gouvernementales de développement (ONGD) suivantes : Action pour un monde uni, Frères des Hommes Luxembourg, Guiden a Scouten fir eng Welt, Handicap International Luxembourg, Pharmaciens sans frontières et Unity Foundation.
KIGALI - The World Food Programme (WFP) and United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) appealed today to donors to contribute funds so that a 25 percent reduction from January onwards in food or cash assistance for more than 100,000 refugees in Rwanda can be reversed as soon as possible.
Some 130,000 Burundian and Congolese refugees in camps in Rwanda rely on humanitarian assistance to meet their food needs. They receive from WFP either monthly food distributions or cash transfers so that they can buy food in local markets.
- Les affrontements armés privent près de 6 000 personnes de leurs avoirs dans le territoire de Fizi
- Près de 10 000 personnes assistées en vivres et articles ménagers essentiels à Walungu et Kabare
Aperçu de la situation
US$ 70,2M Nécessaires pour assurer une assistance vitale et la protection à 363 500 personnes dans les six mois à venir.
APERÇU DE LA CRISE
This Weekly Bulletin focuses on selected acute public health emergencies occurring in the WHO African Region. The WHO Health Emergencies Programme is currently monitoring 53 events in the region. This week’s edition covers key new and ongoing events, including:
In September 2016, the UN General Assembly adopted the New York Declaration for Refugees and Migrants. UN Member States committed to strengthening and enhancing mechanisms to protect refugees and migrants and to move towards a more effective system of responsibility sharing in the international refugee response. States committed to working towards the adoption of a Global Compact on Refugees in 2018, to consist of a Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF) and a Programme of Action for implementation.
250.0 M required for 2017
37.9 M contributions received, representing 15% of requirements
212.5 M funding gap for the Burundi Situation
All figures are displayed in USD