Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- More violence, displacement and hunger for the people of the Democratic Republic of Congo in 2018
- DRC Humanitarian Situation Report, November, 2017
- DRC: As Kasai humanitarian crisis reaches new heights, Red Cross expands response to cholera outbreak
- Humanitarian situation in DR Congo reaches breaking point as funding gap remains enormous
- UN announces special probe into attacks on peacekeepers in eastern DR Congo
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
The map below shows asylum applications by under age 18 year olds and gender. Darker colours mean more people have applied in a certain country. Use the slider to select a year or the drop down menus below to display data for different age groups or different home countries.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
DISCLAIMER: The following is a non-exhaustive selection of health-related events For a list of acronyms, please see the last page of this and WHO actions undertaken during the stated period in specific countries in update. which populations are experiencing crisis conditions. This has been compiled by WHO/Health Action in Crises (HAC/HQ), in consultation with relevant Country and Regional Offices.