Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- Returning Congolese find homes in ruins, livelihoods destroyed
- Ebola Outbreak in Democratic Republic Congo is ‘largely contained’: WHO
- Au Kasaï, les enfants continuent de souffrir de malnutrition
- Enhanced interactive dialogue on the Democratic Republic of the Congo, 3 July 2018: Statement by UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein
- Mothers of Congo’s lost children break silence
Lord Ahmad publishes Annual Human Rights Report 2017
Minister for Human Rights Lord Tariq Ahmad of Wimbledon, publishes the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s 2017 Annual Human Rights and Democracy Report.
Today (16 July) Lord Ahmad, the Minister for Human Rights Lord Tariq Ahmad of Wimbledon, publishes the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s 2017 Annual Human Rights and Democracy Report.
Current major event
Cholera situation in Eastern Mediterranean Region 2017
Cholera remains a threat to public health and claims lives in the countries of Eastern Mediterranean Region (EMR). During 2017, a total of 1,108,584 suspected cases of cholera including 3,273 related deaths (case fatality rate—CFR: 0.30%) were reported to WHO by seven Member States in the EMR.
Current major event
Upsurge of CCHF cases in Afghanistan
An upsurge in the number of the reported cases of Crimean Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) from Afghanistan has been reported during 2018. The increase is mainly in Herat province in the western part of the country. As of week 25-2018, a total of 125 cases including 18 deaths (CFR=14.4%) have been reported countrywide.
Global Overview MAY 2018