Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- IOM Appeals for USD1 Million to Respond to 200,000 Congolese Returnees from Angola
- 80 per cent of school children returned to school in Ebola-affected areas
- DRC: MSF uses new medical approaches to contain Ebola outbreak
- DR Congo: Upsurge in Killings in ‘Ebola Zone’
- Hunger levels double in Congo as violence intensifies
The Ministry for Disaster Management and Refugee Affairs (MIDIMAR) launched the “1,000-Days in the Thousands Hills” nutrition campaign in refugee camps. The official launch was held in Kiziba camp in Karongi District in the Western province.
The introduction of nutrition campaign in refugee camps is in accordance with the community based integrated approach introduced by MIDIMAR for all services involved in refugee affairs.
171 Rwandan refugees who opted for voluntary repatriation were received in Nkamira Transit Centre in Rubavu District this Friday June 28, 2013.
The returnees composed of children; women and men came from various locations of the Eastern DRC where they have spent more than 19 years in exile. They returned two days before the coming into effect of the Cessation Clause set on June 30, 2013.