Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- Children particularly affected by the Ebola outbreak in the DRC – UNICEF
- Les enfants sont particulièrement touchés par l’épidémie d’Ebola en RDC
- Ebola - Hope is at the end of the tunnel in Mangina - (East of the DRC).
- WHO AFRO Outbreaks and Other Emergencies, Week 33: 11 - 17 August (Data as reported by 17:00; 17 August 2018)
- UNICEF DR Congo Ebola Situation Report North Kivu and Ituri - 15 August 2018
By Jan Egeland
September 10, 2006 - For those who strive to save the world's sick and wounded, this summer has been among the worst of times. Too many days begin with desperate calls from our field colleagues, telling us still more humanitarian workers have been ambushed, kidnapped or killed while in the line of service.
But the tragedy does not end there. By extension, these assaults potentially sever the lifeline of hope that unarmed aid workers provide to millions of desperate, destitute families in Darfur, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan and elsewhere. These attacks must end.