Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
- ICG Time for Concerted Action in DR Congo
- OCHA : Sud-Kivu & Maniema : Note d’informations humanitaires du 05/12/2017
- IFRC: DRC: Population Movement DREF n° MDRCD022 Operations Update n°02
Appeals & Funding
- Appel Éclair: Plan de Réponse D’urgence Avril 2017
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier 2017 - Décembre 2019
- IOM Appeal: DR Congo Humanitarian Crisis, 1 January 2018 - 31 December 2018 | Published on 11 December 2017
- FAO DRC Response Plan 2017–2018: Kasaï and Tanganyika Provinces
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- Burundi Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan–Dec 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
The Deyr/short rains season is coming to an end in the Horn of Africa, with little to no rainfall in many areas since mid-November, and little to no rainfall forecast for the next two weeks. Following a significantly delayed start of season and below average seasonal rainfall, below-average crop yields are expected in rainfed areas of southern Somalia and eastern Kenya.
PROJECTED FOOD ASSISTANCE NEEDS FOR JUNE 2018
The Office of Weapons Removal and Abatement in the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Political-Military Affairs has released the 16th Edition of To Walk the Earth in Safety, a report underscoring the accomplishments of the U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program.
Dundo - At least 21.116 citizens from Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) are based in Angola’s eastern Lunda Norte province as refugees.
The data were released Tuesday by the acting provincial director of Migration and Foreigner Service (SME), Pedro Mulua.
Angop learnt that the group comprises 5,342 men and 5,788 women, accompanied by their 9,986 children.
The source also quoted other 33 unaccompanied children, as joining the group.
Political and military instability in DRC forced roughly 31,241 people seeking refuge in Angola, from April to June 2017.
IASC activates a six-month systemwide L3 response in DRC
USUN Ambassador Nikki R. Haley travels to DRC to observe humanitarian conditions
Crisis-level food insecurity to persist through May 2018 in some conflictaffected areas
11/12/2017 Communiqué de presse 774/17
Le 11 Décembre, le Conseil affaires étrangères a adopté des conclusions sur la République démocratique du Congo à la suite de l'annonce, le 5 novembre, d'un calendrier électoral.
Les conclusions soulignent qu'il est fondamental, en particulier pour la légitimité des institutions chargées de la transition, de garantir que la date de l'élection, fixée maintenant au 23 décembre 2018, soit respectée.
Addis Ababa, 8 December 2017: The Chairperson of the Commission of the African Union, Moussa Faki Mahamat, has learned with shock of the heinous attack carried out yesterday night against the United Nations Organization Stabilization Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (MONUSCO) and Congolese soldiers, in the North Kivu province. The attack resulted in the killing of 15 Tanzanian peacekeepers and 5 Congolese soldiers, while 53 members of the Mission were wounded.
Despite recent rainfall, dryness remains in parts of South Africa and Madagascar
Africa Weather Hazards
Seasonal rainfall during early November has helped alleviate early season moisture deficits across Somalia and eastern Kenya. However, deficits in southern Somalia and eastern Kenya remain.
The forecast below-average rain next week is likely strengthen moisture deficits.
La population totale des réfugiés et demandeurs d’asile est passée de 409.264 en Octobre 2017 à 410.710 personnes en fin novembre 2017. Ceci représente une augmentation globale de 1.446 personnes due essentiellement aux activités de l'enregistrement continu.
This brief summarizes FEWS NET’s most forward-looking analysis of projected emergency food assistance needs in FEWS NET coverage countries. The projected size of each country’s acutely food insecure population (IPC Phase 3 and higher) is compared to last year and the recent five-year average and categorized as Higher ( p), Similar ( u), or Lower ( ). Countries where external emergency food assistance needs are anticipated are identified. Projected lean season months highlighted in red indicate either an early start or an extension to the typical lean season.
• IDPs in CAR increase by 50 percent since January, UN reports
• Relief actors record 13 aid worker and 14 peacekeeper deaths in CAR in 2017
• Relief actors in Bangassou suspend operations due to insecurity; nearly 500,000 people in need
We are a happy family after returning in our home country and getting our own house
Under the Sustainable Return and Reintegration Project of MIDIMAR, 75 houses were provided to most vulnerable Rwandan returnees. NDAGIJIMANA Jean Baptiste, 52, married to UWIMANA Alivera, 35, with 3 children is the beneficiary who received one of those houses.
- Onset of seasonal rains is delayed in parts of South Africa and Lesotho
- Rainfall season has started on time in northern parts of the region, and most other areas are expected to experience onset of rains in November
- Integrated pest management strategies have been recommended for countering fall armyworm outbreaks
Catastrophe (IPC Phase 5) outcomes likely exist despite ongoing harvest
Following unprecedented food assistance needs in 2017, little improvement is anticipated during the coming year.
1,400,218 total refugees and asylum-seekers
1,301,018 bio-metrically registered
99,200 pending bio-metric registration