Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
- OCHA: Nord-Kivu : Note d’informations humanitaires du 16 Oct 2017)
- IOM Emergency Operations and Humanitarian Coordination Situation Report, September 2017
- UNICEF Humanitarian Situation Report, July to August 2017)
Appeals & Funding
- Appel Éclair: Plan de Réponse D’urgence Avril 2017
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier 2017 - Décembre 2019
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- Burundi Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan–Dec 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
Ellen Margrethe Løj
Special Representative of the Secretary-General United Nations Mission in South Sudan
Speech at the International Peacekeepers’ Day 29 May 2015 (10:00 – 11:30)
Honourable Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management, Hon. Hussein Mar Nyuot;
Deputy Chairman of the Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commission,
Lt. General Augostino Njorge Distinguished government officials;
Members of the diplomatic community;
Dear UN colleagues;
Message of the Special Representatives of the UN Secretary-General in Burundi, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, South Sudan, and for Central Africa, on World Refugee Day.
Bangui / Bujumbura / Juba / Kinshasa / Libreville – 20 June 2014 – On World Refugee Day 2014, we, the five Special Representatives of the Secretary-General in Central Africa, appeal to end violence in the region and encourage the Governments to tackle the root causes of conflict and displacement.
18 September 2012 - To assist in hunting down Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) rebels, some 2,500 soldiers from the Sudan People’s Liberation Army (SPLA) and Uganda People’s Defence Forces (UPDF) today joined the African Union (AU) Regional Task Force.
Abou Moussa, Special Representative of the Secretary-General and head of the UN Regional Office for Central Africa (UNOCA), welcomed 500 soldiers from the SPLA and 2,000 soldiers from the UPDF in Yambio, Western Equatoria State.
23 May 2012 - Thousands of Sudanese fleeing fighting between the Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) and Sudan People’s Liberation Movement-North (SPLM-N) in Blue Nile State have sought refuge in South Sudan's Upper Nile State.
According to the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), the number of Sudanese refugees who have recently crossed the border into South Sudan has increased from 1,500 to 10,000, bringing their total to over 80,000.
24 March 2012 – The African Union (AU) and the UN Office for Central Africa today unveiled a regional task force in Juba aimed at eliminating the Lord’s Resistance Army and capturing its leader Joseph Kony.
“It is time to deal with them and bring them to book, arrest their leader for the atrocities he has committed in South Sudan, Uganda and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC),” said the South Sudanese Minister of Interior, Alison Manani Magaya, as he opened the ceremony.