Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- More violence, displacement and hunger for the people of the Democratic Republic of Congo in 2018
- DRC Humanitarian Situation Report, November, 2017
- DRC: As Kasai humanitarian crisis reaches new heights, Red Cross expands response to cholera outbreak
- Humanitarian situation in DR Congo reaches breaking point as funding gap remains enormous
- Deteriorating humanitarian crisis in DR Congo demands largest ever appeal
Sri Lanka today donated one million medical examination gloves to West African countries affected by the Ebola outbreak as its contribution to the global appeal, ‘Road Map for Ebola’ by World Health Organization (WHO).
The consignment of gloves worth Rs. 5 million will be distributed among medical workers in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Nigeria and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
President Mahinda Rajapaksa made a symbolic hand over of the gloves to WHO's Country Representative Dr. Firdosi Rustom Mehta at Temple Trees this evening.