Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- DR Congo: 2017-2019 Humanitarian Response Plan - 2018 Update
- Needs reach fever pitch in Congo as world watches in silence
- Donors Announce $528 Million in Funding to Scale Up Aid Delivery to People in Urgent Need in DRC
- DR Congo: Funding urgently needed to avert a catastrophe, says CAFOD
- Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, Mark Lowcock: Statement on United Nations and Humanitarian Community Making Progress in Scaling Up Aid to People in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
Sri Lanka today donated one million medical examination gloves to West African countries affected by the Ebola outbreak as its contribution to the global appeal, ‘Road Map for Ebola’ by World Health Organization (WHO).
The consignment of gloves worth Rs. 5 million will be distributed among medical workers in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Nigeria and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
President Mahinda Rajapaksa made a symbolic hand over of the gloves to WHO's Country Representative Dr. Firdosi Rustom Mehta at Temple Trees this evening.