Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
- UNHCR DR Congo Factsheet, 30 September 2017 EN/FR
- OCHA: Urgence complexe dans la région des Kasaï, R.D. Congo Rapport de situation No.14 (en date du 23 octobre 2017)
- IOM Emergency Operations and Humanitarian Coordination Situation Report, September 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Appel Éclair: Plan de Réponse D’urgence Avril 2017
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier 2017 - Décembre 2019
- FAO DRC Response Plan 2017–2018: Kasaï and Tanganyika Provinces
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- Burundi Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan–Dec 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
The young people at the (future) Maison Kimbilio in Lubumbashi, DRC marked the International Day of Street Children yesterday by taking mattresses out to sleep at the site of their new centre, reports mission partner Ian Harvey, working with Project Kimbilio.
Disturbing reports of new attacks are coming out of DRC, even as the Anglican Church there strives to provide food and healthcare - with help from CMS supporters
Thanks to the generosity of supporters, CMS has been able to send grants totalling £7,100 to partners in eastern DR Congo who are caring for displaced people in the wake of last autumn's violence.
CMS transcultural manager for Africa Stephen Burgess says, "A big thank you to everyone who gave.
In his own words, the Rev Desire Mukanirwa Kadorho, the Anglican Church's project development officer at Goma, reports from a recent trip to assess the post-war situation around Rutshuru
Rutshuru is predominantly known as an agricultural region, whereas Masisi is a pastoral region and Goma is the headquarters of the whole North Kivu province, a volcanic town.
The arrest last week of rebel general Laurent Nkunda in eastern Congo has had an immediate impact, says a local Anglican priest who has been in touch with CMS.
The Congolese army has already retaken areas controlled by Nkunda around Rutshuru and road barriers set up by Nkunda's forces have come down. Local government is being reinstated in the formerly rebel-controlled districts.
People are beginning to feel safe enough to travel a little, says our correspondent (who remains anonymous because of the still fragile situation), yet still fear retaliation from Nkunda's forces.