Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
- OCHA: Bas-Uele, Haut-Uele, Ituri & Tshopo : Note d’informations humanitaires no15 (11/10/2017)
- IOM Emergency Operations and Humanitarian Coordination Situation Report, September 2017
- UNICEF Humanitarian Situation Report, July to August 2017)
Appeals & Funding
- Appel Éclair: Plan de Réponse D’urgence Avril 2017
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier 2017 - Décembre 2019
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- Burundi Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan–Dec 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
SANF 05 no 51
by Juakali Kambale
The Democratic Republic of Congo is in the process of developing a new constitution, which should pave the way for general elections scheduled for later this year.
The draft constitution was adopted by parliament in May, but before entering into force, the new constitution has to be submitted to a referendum.
Analysts say the draft constitution is the most liberal the country has ever had. According to the new constitution the president can be elected for a maximum of two five-year terms.
Harare - The Pan-African Women conference on "Culture of Peace in Africa" adopted a Declaration that seeks to promote peace on the continent by involving the active participation of women in peace talks. The conference was held on the Tanzanian island of Zanzibar in May 1999.
By Hugh McCullum,
2 June 1997,