Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
- ICG Time for Concerted Action in DR Congo
- OCHA : Sud-Kivu & Maniema : Note d’informations humanitaires du 05/12/2017
- IFRC: DRC: Population Movement DREF n° MDRCD022 Operations Update n°02
Appeals & Funding
- Appel Éclair: Plan de Réponse D’urgence Avril 2017
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier 2017 - Décembre 2019
- IOM Appeal: DR Congo Humanitarian Crisis, 1 January 2018 - 31 December 2018 | Published on 11 December 2017
- FAO DRC Response Plan 2017–2018: Kasaï and Tanganyika Provinces
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- Burundi Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan–Dec 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
Résumé Exécutif :
250.0 M required for 2017
37.5 M contributions received, representing 15% of requirements
212.5 M funding gap for the Burundi Situation
All figures are displayed in USD
883.5 M required for 2017
299.3 M contributions received, representing 34% of requirements
584.2 M funding gap for the South Sudan Situation
All figures are displayed in USD
Mauritania hosts over 2,200 urban refugees and asylumseekers and almost 52,000 Malian refugees in Mbera, a camp established in 2012 in the arid south-eastern region close to the Malian border.
Despite the conclusion of a peace agreement in 2015, large-scale returns of Malian refugees are not expected due to persistent violence in northern Mali. In November alone, 482 new arrivals were registered in Mbera.
As the situation in northern Mali continues to be unstable, funding gaps may have a dire impact on the continuation of activities in 2018.
Refugees and IDPs received nonfood items assistance from UNHCR across South Sudan in November 2017.
New arrivals registered in South Sudan in November 2017.
Refugees’ children received Vitamin A in Upper Nile in November 2017
Working with Partners
■ UNHCR works closely with the Government of South Sudan to deliver assistance and protection services to refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs).
Persons of concern - refugees, asylum seekers, IDPs and returnees - for UNHCR operations in Chad.
Refugees interviewed by the French Office for the Protection of Refugees and Stateless persons (OFPRA) for potential resettlement.
Go and see/ Come and tell
visits undertaken by Sudanese and Chadian refugees in accordance with the Tripartite Agreements.
209.2 M required for 2017
26.0 M contributions received, representing 12% of requirements
183.2 M funding gap for the Central African Republic Situation
Marking four years since the outbreak of South Sudan’s civil war, UN High Commissioner for Refugees Filippo Grandi today appealed for urgent action by all sides to settle the conflict and put an end to the country’s deepening humanitarian crisis and Africa’s largest refugee crisis.
“The world cannot continue to stand by as the people of South Sudan are terrorized by a senseless war,” the head of the UN Refugee Agency, UNHCR, said. Grandi declared that the devastating effects of the fighting were a direct consequence of tragic failures in political leadership.
Déclaration du HCR
Le Haut Commissariat des Nations Unies pour les réfugiés (HCR) souhaite clarifier qu’aucun de ses employés n’était impliqué dans les mouvements d’un véhicule qui aurait été saisi ce matin à Goma, dans la province du Nord-Kivu.
- In October, some 2,300 Burundian refugees and asylum seekers were newly recorded in the region.
- In Tanzania, no Burundian asylum seekers were recorded in October 2017.
- In Rwanda, the number of Burundian refugee arrivals has more than doubled from previous months (1,150 arrivals registered). This includes 42 Burundian refugees who have passed through DRC and Tanzania.
Le Haut Commissariat des Nations Unies pour les réfugiés lancera, cette semaine, l’opération de transferts monétaires aux personnes vulnérables dans les Provinces du Kasaï Central et du Kasaï Oriental. Avec ses partenaires, les ONG ActionAid et Conseil norvégien pour les réfugiés, le HCR compte soutenir 2.100 ménages composés de plus de 16.000 personnes.
Les bénéficiaires des distributions ont été identifiés avec les communautés.
Total South Sudanese refugees in the region as of 15 Nov (pre and post Dec 2013 caseload)
South Sudanese refugee arrivals in 2017, based on field reports as of 15 November
Refugees in South Sudan and 1.88 million IDPs as of 31 October
633 individuals, 121 households, were successfully relocated to Lóvua. They received tents and moved to their allocated plots. A total of 4,132 persons are currently living in Lóvua.
The Super Cereal and Super Cereal Plus programme is reinforced with nutrition education, including daily cooking demonstrations.
Refugees benefited from psychosocial support. Children attended group activities with sensory and cognitive stimulation, creativity, reward, and stress management.
Zambia’s Kenani transit centre now hosts more than 10,000 refugees. The number of refugees fleeing violence in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and being hosted at the Kenani transit centre in the north of Zambia has now passed the 10,000 mark since August this year.
Kenani is the Zambia’s largest refugee transit facility currently hosting 10,065 registered Congolese arrivals.
La population totale des réfugiés et demandeurs d’asile est passée de 409.264 en Octobre 2017 à 410.710 personnes en fin novembre 2017. Ceci représente une augmentation globale de 1.446 personnes due essentiellement aux activités de l'enregistrement continu.
INSIDE SOUTH SUDAN
281,642 Refugees in South Sudan as of 30 November 2017.
1.86 million IDPs in South Sudan including 209,898 in UNMISS Protection of Civilians sites as of 22 November 2017
US $883.5 million Funding requested by UNHCR for the South Sudan Situation in 2017.
Achievements and Impact