Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- 155 children left orphaned or separated from their parents in DRC’s latest Ebola outbreak
- Democratic Republic of Congo – Ebola outbreak (DG ECHO, UN, DRC MoH) (ECHO Daily Flash of 22 September 2018)
- Ebola strikes big city in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and WHO scales up response to new threat
- Oxfam: Fear and violence could still undermine efforts to contain Ebola in DR Congo
- Democratic Republic of Congo: Ebola Virus Disease - External Situation Report 7
FREIBURG: A German aid group has said that Ugandan rebel group the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) has killed at least 400 people over Christmas in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Ugandan Army spokesman Paddy Ankunda backed up the report, saying the LRA had killed between 350 to 400 people in the past few days. The LRA began its rampage on Christmas Eve, killing civilians in two villages in the troubled African country.
On Dec 26, the LRA guerrillas massacred dozens of people in a church, according to Ugandan military sources and aid workers.