Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- Returning Congolese find homes in ruins, livelihoods destroyed
- Ebola Outbreak in Democratic Republic Congo is ‘largely contained’: WHO
- Au Kasaï, les enfants continuent de souffrir de malnutrition
- Enhanced interactive dialogue on the Democratic Republic of the Congo, 3 July 2018: Statement by UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein
- Mothers of Congo’s lost children break silence
FREIBURG: A German aid group has said that Ugandan rebel group the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) has killed at least 400 people over Christmas in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Ugandan Army spokesman Paddy Ankunda backed up the report, saying the LRA had killed between 350 to 400 people in the past few days. The LRA began its rampage on Christmas Eve, killing civilians in two villages in the troubled African country.
On Dec 26, the LRA guerrillas massacred dozens of people in a church, according to Ugandan military sources and aid workers.