Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- More violence, displacement and hunger for the people of the Democratic Republic of Congo in 2018
- DRC Humanitarian Situation Report, November, 2017
- DRC: As Kasai humanitarian crisis reaches new heights, Red Cross expands response to cholera outbreak
- UN announces special probe into attacks on peacekeepers in eastern DR Congo
- Daily Press Briefing by the Office of the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General (2 January 2018)
PDA has provided funds from One Great Hour of Sharing to respond to an outbreak of the Ebola virus, possibly the largest yet, that has occurred in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
186 deaths have been registered in hospitals or clinics, but it is possible that many are dying without being counted.
The Presbyterian Church of Kinshasa (CPK) has had a leading role in combating malnutrition and AIDS in Kinshasa for the last fifteen years and based on their experience, have expanded their role to address these problems in a more comprehensive way. CPK is rehabilitating thousands of malnourished children every month by working with families at their homes to help them grow their own food, supporting families affected by AIDS and preventing AIDS infection to newborns.