Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- Vaccination, a central strategy in the fight against Ebola in DRC: A new outbreak in the North Kivu (northeast region)
- WHO calls for free and secure access in responding to Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- DRC: MSF opens Ebola treatment center in response to outbreak in North Kivu
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo: Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak – Epidemiological Situation DG ECHO Daily Map | 16/08/2018
- West and Central Africa: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (7 – 13 August 2018)
PDA has provided funds from One Great Hour of Sharing to respond to an outbreak of the Ebola virus, possibly the largest yet, that has occurred in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
186 deaths have been registered in hospitals or clinics, but it is possible that many are dying without being counted.
The Presbyterian Church of Kinshasa (CPK) has had a leading role in combating malnutrition and AIDS in Kinshasa for the last fifteen years and based on their experience, have expanded their role to address these problems in a more comprehensive way. CPK is rehabilitating thousands of malnourished children every month by working with families at their homes to help them grow their own food, supporting families affected by AIDS and preventing AIDS infection to newborns.