Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- DR Congo: 2017-2019 Humanitarian Response Plan - 2018 Update
- Donors Announce $528 Million in Funding to Scale Up Aid Delivery to People in Urgent Need in DRC
- Needs reach fever pitch in Congo as world watches in silence
- DR Congo: Funding urgently needed to avert a catastrophe, says CAFOD
- Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, Mark Lowcock: Statement on United Nations and Humanitarian Community Making Progress in Scaling Up Aid to People in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
PDA has provided funds from One Great Hour of Sharing to respond to an outbreak of the Ebola virus, possibly the largest yet, that has occurred in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
186 deaths have been registered in hospitals or clinics, but it is possible that many are dying without being counted.
The Presbyterian Church of Kinshasa (CPK) has had a leading role in combating malnutrition and AIDS in Kinshasa for the last fifteen years and based on their experience, have expanded their role to address these problems in a more comprehensive way. CPK is rehabilitating thousands of malnourished children every month by working with families at their homes to help them grow their own food, supporting families affected by AIDS and preventing AIDS infection to newborns.