Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
- UNHCR DR Congo Factsheet, 30 September 2017 EN/FR
- OCHA: Nord-Kivu : Note d’informations humanitaires du 16 Oct 2017)
- IOM Emergency Operations and Humanitarian Coordination Situation Report, September 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Appel Éclair: Plan de Réponse D’urgence Avril 2017
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier 2017 - Décembre 2019
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- Burundi Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan–Dec 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
Violence in DRC continues to generate population movement, critical humanitarian needs
Heavy rainfall and resultant flooding in South Kivu results in 12 deaths, nearly 20 injuries, and an estimated 90 missing persons
Persistent insecurity across much of CAR threatens humanitarian access and leaves tens of thousands of people in need of emergency assistance
Clashes among various armed groups displace more than 191,000 people from February to August
USAID/FFP contributes $7.8 million to respond to growing and urgent food insecurity in the region
What Is Multisectoral Nutrition Programming and Why Is It Important?
A la Primature, le Premier Ministre, M. Bruno Tshibala a reçu en audience vendredi 06 octobre 2017 la délégation conjointe comprenant le Représentant de l’OMS en RDC, le Représentant du Fonds mondial, le Représentant de l’ONUSIDA et d’autres partenaires: CDC, MSF, PEPFAR, Partenariat STOP TUB, UNICEF, USAID. Il s’est félicité de ce partenariat solide et de la mobilisation annoncée d’importantes ressources auprès du Fonds mondial et du PEPFAR pour la période triennale 2018-2020 en matière de lutte contre les deux maladies susmentionnées.
AVIS AUX MEDIAS -
Refugees and other vulnerable communities in Tanzania face persistent food insecurity despite rapid economic growth and domestic agricultural production that meets national food requirements, according to the UN World Food Program (WFP).
Intercommunal clashes result in population displacement in central and eastern DRC
Approximately 7.7 million people in DRC experiencing acute food insecurity
USG announces $13.9 million to support DRC refugees in Angola
Since 2012, conflict driven by political and religious tensions has disrupted livelihoods and food security in the Central African Republic (CAR), a poor, rural nation reliant on subsistence agriculture. As of June 2017, at least 2.2 million people in CAR—approximately half of the country’s population—are in urgent need of emergency assistance, the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) reports.
• Ongoing conflict in CAR displaces 534,000 people
• Nearly 60,000 people flee to DRC
• Aid agencies temporarily suspend operations in parts of CAR
• UN warns of disrupted services and violence against children
June 2017 | Volume 5 | Issue 2
Reducing Sepsis Deaths in Newborns Through Home Visitation and Active Case Detection: Is it Realistic?
The Importance of Mental Well-Being for Health Professionals During Complex Emergencies: It Is Time We Take It Seriously
Improving Adherence to Essential Birth Practices Using the WHO Safe Childbirth Checklist With Peer Coaching: Experience From 60 Public Health Facilities in Uttar Pradesh, India
The year 2015 marked the 10th anniversary of the Global Shelter Cluster, the inter-agency coordination mechanism for shelter response. During these ten years, coordination has improved in consistency, shelter responses have grown in scale, and there are more people with experience in shelter programming, but people continue to lose their dwellings and be displaced due to conflict and natural disasters. Global humanitarian shelter needs continue to greatly exceed the capacity and resources to respond.