Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
- OCHA: Bulletin humanitaire R.D. Congo - Numéro 5 | novembre 2017
- OCHA : Sud-Kivu & Maniema : Note d’informations humanitaires du 05/12/2017
- IFRC: DRC: Population Movement DREF n° MDRCD022 Operations Update n°02
Appeals & Funding
- Appel Éclair: Plan de Réponse D’urgence Avril 2017
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier 2017 - Décembre 2019
- FAO DRC Response Plan 2017–2018: Kasaï and Tanganyika Provinces
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- Burundi Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan–Dec 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- DR Congo mega crisis forcing millions to flee
- Kasai, DRC: Millions at risk as funding dries up
- Humanitarian aid should be amped up for South Sudanese refugees in DRC
- Democratic Republic of the Congo Overview (November 2017)
- 7 million children under threat in the DRC: Brussels donor meeting has to focus on saving more lives
As refugees fleeing the fighting deep in Africa's Democratic Republic of Congo continue to gush across the border into southwest Uganda, MAP International is rushing medicines and emergency supplies to the area.
Thus far more than 15,000 men, women and children have crossed into Uganda since August, many walking for more than two days in order to try to reach safety. Recently, more than 1,300 Congolese refugees crossed the border in a single day. Some had lost every single member of their family during attacks.
"The situation is very desperate," said Dr.
The immediate loss of lives and injuries from the volcanic eruption in January was mercifully small, and MAP did not organize an immediate relief response. MAP has committed, however, to the longer process of resupplying Goma's health institutions through long-standing partners like Baptist World Aid, DOCS, and others that run hospitals and clinics in the town.
The main road into what is left of Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo, now dead ends at a wall of lava six feet high and as wide as five football fields. Entering or leaving the city requires scrambling up the wall and trekking across 500 yards of lava rock and then scrambling down the other side.
Brunswick, GA, August 2...Georgia-based global relief agency, MAP International and NBA All-Star, Dikembe Mutombo, center for the Atlanta Hawks, have joined to send lifesaving medicines to two facilities in Kinshasa, Mutombo's hometown, in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). Since the ceasefire in January, an estimated 810,000 displaced persons, including tens of thousands of refugees, continue to return to their homes.