Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Congo's mega-crisis at deadly tipping point
- Democratic Republic of the Congo: violence in Tanganyika and South Kivu fuels one of the world’s worst displacement crises for children – UNICEF
- Changing lives with one swipe in DRC
- WFP Broadens Operation To Stem Severe Hunger In Democratic Republic of Congo's Kasai Region
- DR Congo violence sees surge in refugees fleeing eastwards
RABAT, Sep.03 - A Moroccan member of the UN peacekeeping force in Congo was kidnapped Thursday, the ministry of foreign affairs and cooperation said in a release Friday.
Morocco is concerned over the kidnapping Thursday of a member of the Moroccan contingent taking part in the UN observation mission in RD Congo (MONUC), near the city of Bunia, Northeast, the release said.
The north African country voiced hope that action of the MONUC leadership and Congolese authorities will lead, in the best conditions and as soon as possible, to the release of the Moroccan serviceman.