Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- DR Congo: Red Cross ramps up support as Ebola response enters critical phase
- Children and the DRC Ebola outbreak: 4 things you need to know
- ALIMA opens an Ebola treatment center in DRC equipped with biosecure emergency care units (CUB)
- Children must be at heart of response to Ebola outbreak
- The world’s most neglected displacement crises
RABAT, Sep.03 - A Moroccan member of the UN peacekeeping force in Congo was kidnapped Thursday, the ministry of foreign affairs and cooperation said in a release Friday.
Morocco is concerned over the kidnapping Thursday of a member of the Moroccan contingent taking part in the UN observation mission in RD Congo (MONUC), near the city of Bunia, Northeast, the release said.
The north African country voiced hope that action of the MONUC leadership and Congolese authorities will lead, in the best conditions and as soon as possible, to the release of the Moroccan serviceman.