Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- Democratic Republic of the Congo: violence in Tanganyika and South Kivu fuels one of the world’s worst displacement crises for children – UNICEF
- Congo's mega-crisis at deadly tipping point
- Changing lives with one swipe in DRC
- DR Congo violence sees surge in refugees fleeing eastwards
- WFP Broadens Operation To Stem Severe Hunger In Democratic Republic of Congo's Kasai Region
1. Purpose, scope and rationale
ICAI has decided to conduct a review of DFID’s contribution to improving maternal health. It will be an impact review, as this is a mature area of UK aid programming for which there is a broad range of evidence about what works. It is also an area in which DFID has set itself ambitious targets and reported significant results.
The UK government has committed to spending 50% of DFID’s budget in fragile states and regions – many of which are affected by conflict. In these complex environments delivering effective and accountable aid is a significant challenge, but they are also the environments where needs are greatest.
The Independent Commission for Aid Impact (ICAI) has published a report today, ‘Assessing the Impact of the Scale-up of DFID’s Support to Fragile States’.
The Independent Commission for Aid Impact (ICAI) has published a report today on the Department for International Development (DFID)’s work through the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF). ICAI has given the work a rating of Green-Amber.