Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- Kasai: A Children's Crisis: Coping with the impact of conflict in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- New Ebola outbreak declared in Democratic Republic of the Congo
- UN Emergency Fund gives US$2 million to fight Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
- WHO concerned as one Ebola case confirmed in urban area of Democratic Republic of the Congo
- DRC and its neighbours mobilise resources to tackle Ebola outbreak
Alert 2016! Report on conflicts, human rights and peacebuilding is a yearbook providing an analysis of the state of the world in terms of conflict and peacebuilding from four perspectives: armed conflicts, socio-political crises, peace processes and gender, peace and security.
Opportunities for peace in 2016
Cyprus: The resumption of peace negotiations in 2015 and the confluence of factors linked to them (the commitment of local leaders, international support and the mobilisation of non-governmental actors from both communities of the island in favour of dialogue, as well as tangible results including but not limited to significant confidence-building measures) provide a historic window of opportunity to achieve a definitive agreement despite obstacles related to the circumstances and the background of the dispute.
En este número destacamos:
Violencia contra las mujeres por Boko Haram en Nigeria
Impactos de género del conflicto en Ucrania
Violencia contra personas LGTBI en conflictos armados
Participación de organizaciones de mujeres en las negociaciones de paz de Colombia
Impacto de los conflictos
This issue features:
Violence against women committed by Boko Haram in Nigeria
Impacts on gender of the conflict in Ukraine
Violence against LGTBI people in armed conflict
Participation of women’s organisations in peace negotiations in Colombia
Impact of conflicts
En este número destacamos
- Violencia sexual en Iraq
- Desplazamiento forzado en Siria
- Subcomisión de género en las negociaciones de paz en Colombia
Impacto de los conflictos
Israel – Palestina
This issue features
- Sexual violence in Iraq
- Forced displacement in Syria
- Subcommittee on gender in the peace negotiations in Colombia
Impact of conflicts
Israel – Palestine
Alert 2014! Report on conflicts, human rights and peacebuilding is a yearbook which analyzes the state of the world in connection with conflicts and peacebuilding based on four areas of analysis: armed conflicts, socio-political crises, peace processes and the gender dimension on peacebuilding. Focusing on these areas, Alert 2014! offers an overview of the world’s state of affairs and reveals possible trends and dynamics related to the characteristics and evolution of those areas.
This seventh edition of the Yearbook of Peace Processes analyses conflicts in which negotiations are being held to reach a peace agreement, regardless of whether these negotiations are formalised, are in the exploratory phase, are faring well or, to the contrary, are stalled or in the midst of crisis. It also analyses some cases in which negotiations or explorations are partial; that is, they do not include all the armed groups present in the country (such as the case of India, for example).
En esta séptima edición del Anuario de Procesos de Paz se analizan los conflictos en los que se llevan a cabo negociaciones para llegar a un acuerdo de paz, con independencia de que estas negociaciones estén formalizadas, se encuentren en fase exploratoria, transcurran satisfactoriamente o, por el contrario, se encuentren estancadas o en plena crisis. Se incluye un capítulo sobre Colombia, por hacerse una edición colombiana de este anuario.
The report which follows is a comparative analysis of active DDR programs in 2008, whether in the planning stages or running final reintegration activities. The goal of the report, addressed particularly to academics and professionals, is to give an overall picture of DDR programs underway currently and to widen the general and latest conceptual understanding of the processes involved.