Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- DR Congo: Red Cross ramps up support as Ebola response enters critical phase
- Children and the DRC Ebola outbreak: 4 things you need to know
- ALIMA opens an Ebola treatment center in DRC equipped with biosecure emergency care units (CUB)
- Children must be at heart of response to Ebola outbreak
- The world’s most neglected displacement crises
Highlights and Statistics
DAKAR, 30 juillet 2010 (IRIN) - A l'heure o=F9 le « système » humanitaire se complique, avec l'arrivée de nouveaux acteurs et le recoupement des mandats, les différentes définitions de l'aide humanitaire, et des objectifs toujours plus ambitieux, Development Initiatives [http://www.devinit.org/], organisme de surveillance de l'aide humanitaire, présente certaines tendances observées ces 10 dernières années en matière de besoins, d'interventions et de financements dans son rapport 2010 sur …
By: Roberta Cohen
The concept of the responsibility to protect (R2P) developed in large measure from efforts to design an international system to protect internally displaced persons (IDPs).
The explosion of civil wars emanating from and following the Cold War brought into view millions of persons inside their own countries who were uprooted from their homes and in need of international protection and assistance. Many had little or no access to food, medicine or shelter and were vulnerable to assault, sexual violence, and all manner of human rights abuse.
By Alexandra George
On 17 November 2009 the European Union marked the ten year anniversary since the Council of the European Union established the European Security and Defense Policy (ESDP) in June 1999 following the Western Balkans conflicts.
2974th EXTERNAL RELATIONS Council meeting
SIPRI Fact Sheet July 2009
-- Personnel deployments to multilateral peace operations reached a record high of 187 586 in 2008.
- Around 88 % of all personnel deployed were troops or military observers.
- Civilian personnel numbers doubled between 2003 and 2008 to reach their highest recorded level of c.
The long-running debate about whether seeking justice for grave international crimes interferes with prospects for peace has intensified as the possibility of national leaders being brought to trial for human rights violations becomes more likely. The International Criminal Court (ICC) at The Hague, which is mandated to investigate and prosecute war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide, has already issued its first arrest warrant for a sitting head of state-Sudan's president Omar al-Bashir.