Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- Returning Congolese find homes in ruins, livelihoods destroyed
- Ebola Outbreak in Democratic Republic Congo is ‘largely contained’: WHO
- Au Kasaï, les enfants continuent de souffrir de malnutrition
- Enhanced interactive dialogue on the Democratic Republic of the Congo, 3 July 2018: Statement by UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein
- Mothers of Congo’s lost children break silence
34,984 = Number of Burundian refugees who have sought asylum in neighboring countries since the beginning of April 2015
24,795 in Rwanda
7,189 in DRC
3,000 in Tanzania
Notes: This is a statistics report on repatriation of Rwandans from July 2013 to February 2014.
- 4,773 Rwandans refugees have been repatriated, 23 refugees renounced refugees status and have been given Rwandan passports and remain in foreign countries
- 74.46 % of the repatriated passed through Nkamira TC
- 95.2% came from DRC
- 59.8 % are female, while 59.8% are under 18 years old
- The Western province received 73% of the repatriated.
- 14.461 Rwandans expelled from Tanzania have been received
Notes: This is a statistics report on repatriation of Rwandans from July 2013 to December 2013.
- 3705 Rwandans refugees have been repatriated, 23 refugees renounced refugees status and have been given Rwandan passports and remain in foreign countries
- 73.54% of the repatriated passed through Nkamira TC
- 94% came from DRC
- 58.6 % are female, while 60.11% are under 18 years old
- The Western province received 72% of the repatriated.
23 mai 2013 – Lors de l'inauguration d'un centre d'excellence pour la lutte contre les violences faites aux femmes et aux enfants, à Kigali, au Rwanda, Ban Ki-moon a rappelé jeudi le droit de ces derniers d'être en sécurité, en tout temps et en tous lieux, « par temps de guerre ou de paix, à l'intérieur et à l'extérieur de leurs maisons, à l'école, qu'ils soient riches ou pauvres ».
The United States on July 21 cut a small element of 2012 military financing support to Rwanda while boosting help to other regional armies. Washington cited its concerns over evidence of Rwandan support to Congolese Tutsi armed groups, especially the 'M23' group. M23 mutinied in April against the FARDC, the national army of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), into which it had been loosely integrated since 2009. Relations between Kinshasa and Kigali have improved significantly since mid-July, but the situation in eastern DRC remains highly fluid and unstable.
Écouter les Nouvelles
This is a summary of what was said by the UNHCR spokesperson at today’s Palais des Nations press briefing in Geneva. Further information can be found on the UNHCR websites, www.unhcr.org ( http://www.unhcr.org/ )and www.unhcr.fr ( http://www.unhcr.fr/ ), which should also be checked for regular media updates on non-briefing days.
11 June 2012: Thousands of people have been forced to flee their homes and remain internally displaced, or have sought refuge in neighbouring Rwanda and Uganda, as a result of intense fighting between Congolese Government forces and armed groups in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).