Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- More violence, displacement and hunger for the people of the Democratic Republic of Congo in 2018
- DRC Humanitarian Situation Report, November, 2017
- DRC: As Kasai humanitarian crisis reaches new heights, Red Cross expands response to cholera outbreak
- UN announces special probe into attacks on peacekeepers in eastern DR Congo
- FAO and WFP step up efforts to alleviate hunger in Greater Kasai
Notes: This is a statistics report on repatriation of Rwandans from July 2013 to February 2014.
- 4,773 Rwandans refugees have been repatriated, 23 refugees renounced refugees status and have been given Rwandan passports and remain in foreign countries
- 74.46 % of the repatriated passed through Nkamira TC
- 95.2% came from DRC
- 59.8 % are female, while 59.8% are under 18 years old
- The Western province received 73% of the repatriated.
- 14.461 Rwandans expelled from Tanzania have been received
Notes: This is a statistics report on repatriation of Rwandans from July 2013 to December 2013.
- 3705 Rwandans refugees have been repatriated, 23 refugees renounced refugees status and have been given Rwandan passports and remain in foreign countries
- 73.54% of the repatriated passed through Nkamira TC
- 94% came from DRC
- 58.6 % are female, while 60.11% are under 18 years old
- The Western province received 72% of the repatriated.
23 mai 2013 – Lors de l'inauguration d'un centre d'excellence pour la lutte contre les violences faites aux femmes et aux enfants, à Kigali, au Rwanda, Ban Ki-moon a rappelé jeudi le droit de ces derniers d'être en sécurité, en tout temps et en tous lieux, « par temps de guerre ou de paix, à l'intérieur et à l'extérieur de leurs maisons, à l'école, qu'ils soient riches ou pauvres ».
The United States on July 21 cut a small element of 2012 military financing support to Rwanda while boosting help to other regional armies. Washington cited its concerns over evidence of Rwandan support to Congolese Tutsi armed groups, especially the 'M23' group. M23 mutinied in April against the FARDC, the national army of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), into which it had been loosely integrated since 2009. Relations between Kinshasa and Kigali have improved significantly since mid-July, but the situation in eastern DRC remains highly fluid and unstable.
Écouter les Nouvelles
This is a summary of what was said by the UNHCR spokesperson at today’s Palais des Nations press briefing in Geneva. Further information can be found on the UNHCR websites, www.unhcr.org ( http://www.unhcr.org/ )and www.unhcr.fr ( http://www.unhcr.fr/ ), which should also be checked for regular media updates on non-briefing days.
11 June 2012: Thousands of people have been forced to flee their homes and remain internally displaced, or have sought refuge in neighbouring Rwanda and Uganda, as a result of intense fighting between Congolese Government forces and armed groups in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
Retombées de l’insécurité au Kivu
Par Albert tshiambi
De récentes opérations militaires lancées par l’armée régulière contre les mutins au Kivu ont occasionné le déplacement des milliers de personnes vers des pays voisins de la RDC. Plus de 39 000 réfugiés congolais sont installés actuellement au Rwanda et en Ouganda.
7 October 2011 – The United Nations refugee agency and Rwanda today announced steps to speed up a solution for tens of thousands of Rwandan refugees, one of the lasting legacies of the genocide in which extremist Hutus killed some 800,000 Tutsis and moderate Hutus in the African country in 1994.
Rwanda, with a population of 11 million, is a constitutional republic dominated by a strong presidency. In August voters elected President Paul Kagame to a second seven-year term with 93.1 percent of the vote.
FOOD SECURITY SNAPSHOT
Erratic rains during the short-rainy season have affected the minor 2011A season crop
But an overall good harvest in 2010, especially maize, has improved food security conditions and lowered food import needs
Larger domestic supplies have contributed to lower staple food prices
In June 2009, NGOs working in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) produced a situation update on the European Union's response to urgent protection and assistance needs in the Eastern provinces of the country.