Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- Vaccination, a central strategy in the fight against Ebola in DRC: A new outbreak in the North Kivu (northeast region)
- WHO calls for free and secure access in responding to Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- West and Central Africa: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (7 – 13 August 2018)
- Ebola vaccination begins in North Kivu
- Democratic Republic of Congo: Ebola Virus Disease - External Situation Report 2
Rwanda, with a population of 11 million, is a constitutional republic dominated by a strong presidency. In August voters elected President Paul Kagame to a second seven-year term with 93.1 percent of the vote.
Statement Prepared For the Senate Foreign Relations Committee Hearing: "Violence Against Women: Global Costs and Consequences"
Chairman Kerry, Ranking Member Lugar, and Distinguished Members of the Committee:
I am honored to appear before you this afternoon.