Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- North Kivu, DRC: MSF scales up patient care activities amid growing tensions and decreased access to healthcare
- Three years on: Girls returning from conflict in DR Congo find acceptance through education
- UN Human Rights Office says credible reports suggest at least 890 killed in western DRC violence in mid-December
- New Hope with Ebola Drug Trial
- UNHCR and partners seek US$296 million for Burundi refugee crisis
The UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), Airtel and I&M Bank (Rwanda) Limited have signed an agreement that will facilitate the issuance of cash assistance to Rwandan refugees who return home, mainly from a number of sub-Saharan African countries.
OVERALL STRATEGY AND COORDINATION
People are reportedly still fleeing Burundi to seek refuge among friends and relatives in neighboring countries. Others are crowding bus stations in order to leave the capital for rural areas amid fears that escalation of the problem could lead to security deteriorating further in the capital.
This has caused a sharp increase of transport fares out of the capital.
No internal displacement has been reported.