Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- Kasai: A Children's Crisis: Coping with the impact of conflict in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- WHO concerned as one Ebola case confirmed in urban area of Democratic Republic of the Congo
- New Ebola outbreak declared in Democratic Republic of the Congo
- UN Emergency Fund gives US$2 million to fight Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
- Thousands flee Central African violence into remote region of northern DRC
The UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), Airtel and I&M Bank (Rwanda) Limited have signed an agreement that will facilitate the issuance of cash assistance to Rwandan refugees who return home, mainly from a number of sub-Saharan African countries.
OVERALL STRATEGY AND COORDINATION
People are reportedly still fleeing Burundi to seek refuge among friends and relatives in neighboring countries. Others are crowding bus stations in order to leave the capital for rural areas amid fears that escalation of the problem could lead to security deteriorating further in the capital.
This has caused a sharp increase of transport fares out of the capital.
No internal displacement has been reported.