Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- Les retours massifs de Congolais depuis l’Angola pourraient générer une crise humanitaire
- IOM Appeals for USD1 Million to Respond to 200,000 Congolese Returnees from Angola
- 80 per cent of school children returned to school in Ebola-affected areas
- DRC: MSF uses new medical approaches to contain Ebola outbreak
- West and Central Africa: Regional Funding Status as of 19 of October 2018
The UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), Airtel and I&M Bank (Rwanda) Limited have signed an agreement that will facilitate the issuance of cash assistance to Rwandan refugees who return home, mainly from a number of sub-Saharan African countries.
OVERALL STRATEGY AND COORDINATION
People are reportedly still fleeing Burundi to seek refuge among friends and relatives in neighboring countries. Others are crowding bus stations in order to leave the capital for rural areas amid fears that escalation of the problem could lead to security deteriorating further in the capital.
This has caused a sharp increase of transport fares out of the capital.
No internal displacement has been reported.