Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- Vaccination, a central strategy in the fight against Ebola in DRC: A new outbreak in the North Kivu (northeast region)
- WHO calls for free and secure access in responding to Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- West and Central Africa: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (7 – 13 August 2018)
- Ebola vaccination begins in North Kivu
- Ebola outbreak in the DRC: UNICEF ships 90 tons of supplies to help contain spread of deadly disease
The UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), Airtel and I&M Bank (Rwanda) Limited have signed an agreement that will facilitate the issuance of cash assistance to Rwandan refugees who return home, mainly from a number of sub-Saharan African countries.
OVERALL STRATEGY AND COORDINATION
People are reportedly still fleeing Burundi to seek refuge among friends and relatives in neighboring countries. Others are crowding bus stations in order to leave the capital for rural areas amid fears that escalation of the problem could lead to security deteriorating further in the capital.
This has caused a sharp increase of transport fares out of the capital.
No internal displacement has been reported.