Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- Kasai: A Children's Crisis: Coping with the impact of conflict in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- WHO concerned as one Ebola case confirmed in urban area of Democratic Republic of the Congo
- New Ebola outbreak declared in Democratic Republic of the Congo
- UN Emergency Fund gives US$2 million to fight Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
- Thousands flee Central African violence into remote region of northern DRC
BRUSSELS, 11 September (IRIN) - Following a meeting with Belgian Minister of Foreign Affairs Louis Michel in Brussels on Thursday, the UN Secretary-General's special representative for the Great Lakes region, Ibrahima Fall, told IRIN that the way was now open for the international conference on the area, now that the heads of states of the participating countries had nominated their national coordinators and approved the calendar of activities.
BRUSSELS, 16 May (IRIN) - Faustin Twagiramungu was prime minister of Rwanda from 1994 to 1995, taking up the post after the 1994 genocide when the transitional government was formed. Now living in exile in Belgium, he talked to IRIN on Wednesday about his candidacy in Rwanda's presidential elections scheduled for later this year, when he hopes to challenge President Paul Kagame.
NAIROBI, 6 May (IRIN) - A new report describing the response by humanitarian organisations to HIV/AIDS in the Great Lakes Region calls for greater coordination of efforts among different actors and accountability of donors and implementing agencies towards the populations they serve.
Vera Bensmann, MD, MBA
for Save the Children-UK; funded by UNAIDS through UNICEF