Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
- OCHA: Bulletin humanitaire R.D. Congo - Numéro 5 | novembre 2017
- OCHA : Sud-Kivu & Maniema : Note d’informations humanitaires du 05/12/2017
- IFRC: DRC: Population Movement DREF n° MDRCD022 Operations Update n°02
Appeals & Funding
- Appel Éclair: Plan de Réponse D’urgence Avril 2017
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier 2017 - Décembre 2019
- FAO DRC Response Plan 2017–2018: Kasaï and Tanganyika Provinces
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- Burundi Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan–Dec 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- DR Congo mega crisis forcing millions to flee
- Kasai, DRC: Millions at risk as funding dries up
- Humanitarian aid should be amped up for South Sudanese refugees in DRC
- Democratic Republic of the Congo Overview (November 2017)
- 7 million children under threat in the DRC: Brussels donor meeting has to focus on saving more lives
Situation in Numbers
Refugees & Asylum Seekers in Uganda
112,741 of South Sudanese children affected (OPM December 16, 2015)
173,447 of affected South Sudanese people (OPM December 16, 2015)
149,164 of affected South Sudanese women & children (OPM December 16, 2015)
511,867 of refugees and asylum seekers in Uganda (OPM December 16, 2015)
UNICEF Appeal 2015
As of 30 December, the funding gap of the 2015 UN-coordinated inter-agency appeals is US$9.6 billion which means that 48 per cent of the required funds remain unmet.
During December, newly reported contributions to FTS totalled $736 million for humanitarian response: for response plans specifically, $81.7 million for Iraq, $80.6 million for Yemen, and $41.4 million for Niger. As reported to FTS by 30 December, over $1.7 billion of humanitarian funding remain in outstanding pledges (of which $404 million is allocated for the coordinated response plans).
The civil unrest in Burundi has led to an outflow of over 210,000 refugees (as of 31 October 2015) to neighbouring countries of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Rwanda, Tanzania, and as far away as Uganda and Zambia. It started in Bujumbura in April 2015, with a peak in June, ahead of the contested Presidential election that took place on 21 July 2015. Since then, a tense political crisis and a climate of fear and intimidation have spread throughout the country.
APERÇU DE LA CRISE :
Une crise humanitaire aux proportions massives a plongé 7,5 millions de personnes dans le besoin d’assistance humanitaire et de protection, soit près de 9% de la population de la République démocratique du Congo (RDC) projetée pour 2016.
Une crise complexe et prolongée
VOICE (Voluntary Organisations in Cooperation in Emergencies) is the main NGO interlocutor on EU humanitarian affairs and brings together 84 NGOs. One of the main priorities of the network is to monitor funding for humanitarian aid and to use its collective influence to ensure NGOs’ expertise and experience are heard and brought into the relevant fora.
Le camp de réfugiés de Mole dans la province de l'Équateur accueille les Centrafricains qui fuient l’insécurité dans la capitale Bangui.
Kinshasa, le 29 décembre 2015 (caritasdev.cd) : apporter leur contribution pour la paix, le mieux-être, mais aussi voir quels seraient les obstacles par rapport à un dialogue entre les différents courants du peuple congolais, toujours dans l’intérêt supérieur de la nation, voilà l’objectif d’une série de rencontres que les Evêques de la CENCO organisent depuis lundi au centre d’accueil de Caritas Congo à Kinshasa.
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon announced Tuesday 29th december the appointment of Lieutenant General Derick Mbuyiselo Mgwebi of South Africa as Force Commander of the United Nations Organization Stabilization Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (MONUSCO).
He succeeds Lieutenant General Carlos Alberto dos Santos Cruz of Brazil, who completed his assignment on 2 December 2015. The Secretary-General is grateful to General Cruz for his significant contribution to MONUSCO over the past two and a half years.
The current Burundi refugee situation began late April 2015 with the initial arrival of 210 persons of concern. The months that followed saw a significantly high number of persons of concern arrivng in Tanzania, mainly through Kagunga, a tiny border village along Lake Tanganyika and other entry point in Buhigwe district. The population was assisted to relocate to Nyarugusu camp, which was laready host to 65,000 persons of concern, mainly DR Congolese.
Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation - Mon, 28 Dec 2015 00:01 GMT
Author: Tom Esslemont
LONDON, Dec 28 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - There's one prediction for 2016 that most aid workers can make with confidence - that the new year will usher in rising humanitarian needs.
Read the full article on the Thomson Reuters Foundation
Newly arrived Burundian refugees in DRC since April 2015.
Refugees from the Central African Republic in the DRC
Congolese refugees in countries neighbouring the DRC.
DRC refugees returned this year.
Refugees repatriated from DRC this year
Populations of concern
A total of 247,033 refugees, 1,491,769 Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs)
Funding requested for 2015:
32 % received so far
This is what emerged from the press encounter held on Wednesday 23 December 2015 at the Mission’s headquarters in Uvira, South Kivu. For this last meeting with journalists for the year 2015, the focus was on MONUSCO’s major results or achievements in the two territories, Fizi and Uvira.