Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
- OCHA: Bulletin humanitaire R.D. Congo - Numéro 5 | novembre 2017
- OCHA : Sud-Kivu & Maniema : Note d’informations humanitaires du 05/12/2017
- IFRC: DRC: Population Movement DREF n° MDRCD022 Operations Update n°02
Appeals & Funding
- Appel Éclair: Plan de Réponse D’urgence Avril 2017
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier 2017 - Décembre 2019
- FAO DRC Response Plan 2017–2018: Kasaï and Tanganyika Provinces
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- Burundi Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan–Dec 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- DR Congo mega crisis forcing millions to flee
- Kasai, DRC: Millions at risk as funding dries up
- Humanitarian aid should be amped up for South Sudanese refugees in DRC
- Democratic Republic of the Congo Overview (November 2017)
- 7 million children under threat in the DRC: Brussels donor meeting has to focus on saving more lives
ACCES HUMANITAIRE RESTAURÉ À MOBAYE
Des groupes armés rivaux dans la ville de Mobaye, au sud du pays, ont accepté de cesser le feu, de libérer les routes principales et de permettre des opérations d'aide. L'assistance alimentaire, la protection civile et l'éducation sont les besoins humanitaires urgents. Une organisation humanitaire a déjà envoyé des approvisionnements médicaux à la ville où une alerte de potentielle crise nutritionnelle a été lancée.
ATTACKS CLAIM 10 LIVES IN CRISIS-HIT REGION
At least 10 people were killed on 7 and 10 December in the South-West region, which along with the North-West, have been gripped by protests and violence against alleged Government marginalisation. More than 5,000 people have already fled to neighbouring Nigeria. There are fears that the figure could rise with the escalating tensions.
CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC
AID ACCESS IMPROVES IN MOBAYE
This Weekly Bulletin focuses on selected acute public health emergencies occurring in the WHO African Region. The WHO Health Emergencies Programme is currently monitoring 50 events in the region. This week’s edition covers key new and ongoing events, including:
- Declaration of end of Marburg virus disease outbreak in Uganda
- Influenza A H1N1 in Ghana
- Listeriosis in South Africa
- Cholera in Zambia
- Dengue fever in Senegal
Humanitarian crisis in South Sudan.
La population totale des réfugiés et demandeurs d’asile est passée de 409.264 en Octobre 2017 à 410.710 personnes en fin novembre 2017. Ceci représente une augmentation globale de 1.446 personnes due essentiellement aux activités de l'enregistrement continu.
At the beginning of 2017, progress continued towards each of the Endgame Plan’s four objectives. The world has never been closer to eradicating polio, with fewer cases in fewer areas of fewer countries than at any time in the past.
7 décembre 2017 – Trente-sept pays, dont 29 se trouvant en Afrique, ont besoin d'une aide alimentaire externe, a mis en garde jeudi l'Organisation des Nations Unies pour l'alimentation et l'agriculture (FAO) dans son dernier rapport sur les 'Perspectives de récolte et la situation alimentaire'.
Pays nécessitant une aide alimentaire extérieure
This brief summarizes FEWS NET’s most forward-looking analysis of projected emergency food assistance needs in FEWS NET coverage countries. The projected size of each country’s acutely food insecure population (IPC Phase 3 and higher) is compared to last year and the recent five-year average and categorized as Higher ( p), Similar ( u), or Lower ( ). Countries where external emergency food assistance needs are anticipated are identified. Projected lean season months highlighted in red indicate either an early start or an extension to the typical lean season.
Strong cereal harvests are keeping global food supplies buoyant, but localised drought, flooding and protracted conflicts have intensified and perpetuated food insecurity, according to the new edition of FAO's Crop Prospects and Food Situation report. Some 37 countries, 29 of which are in Africa, require external assistance for food, according to the report.
The Global Protection Cluster (GPC) Protection Mainstreaming Toolkit (hereafter referred to as “Toolkit”) is designed as a companion to the GPC Protection Mainstreaming Training Package (hereafter referred to as “Training Package”). The Training Package is the starting point to understand the concept and principles of “protection mainstreaming”.
15,000 people displaced every day inside African countries, according to new IDMC report
IDMC's director calls on the development sector to join humanitarians in preventing and reducing internal displacement and finding long-term solutions for the millions of people affected
As the world focuses its attention on preventing irregular migration and protecting refugees coming out of Africa, the displacement that happens behind its own borders persists at an alarming rate.
ABIDJAN/DAKAR/NEW YORK/GENEVA, 5 December 2017 – More than four decades into the HIV epidemic, four in five children living with HIV in West and Central Africa are still not receiving life-saving antiretroviral therapy, and AIDS-related deaths among adolescents aged 15-19 are on the rise, according to a new report released today.
Welcome to the report of the INFORM Global Risk Index for 2018.
The INFORM Risk Index is a way to understand and measure the risk of humanitarian crises and disasters, and how the conditions that lead to them affect sustainable development. INFORM partners and other organisations continue to use INFORM products to support their prioritisation and decision-making relating to crisis and disaster prevention, preparedness and response.
Focus on the situation report of the cholera epidemic in Sila and Salamat health regions - Eastern Chad as of Nov.15th 2017
We have observed an important decrease of cholera incidence over the few weeks from Salamat Health region. No additional case were reported from Sila Health region, since Oct. 4th. At the back of the bulletin, you'll find graphs describing the situations and the remaining challenges and gaps. The sitrep (in french) is accessible online directly.
The Global Humanitarian Overview
Is the world’s most comprehensive, authoritative and evidence-based assessment of humanitarian needs;
Is based on detailed analysis of wide-ranging data from many different sources, and face-to-face interviews with hundreds of thousands of people directly affected by humanitarian crises across the globe;