Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- More violence, displacement and hunger for the people of the Democratic Republic of Congo in 2018
- DRC Humanitarian Situation Report, November, 2017
- DRC: As Kasai humanitarian crisis reaches new heights, Red Cross expands response to cholera outbreak
- UN announces special probe into attacks on peacekeepers in eastern DR Congo
- Daily Press Briefing by the Office of the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General (2 January 2018)
Global Overview DECEMBER 2017
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
1. Le présent rapport, qui couvre la période allant d’août 2015 à juillet 2017, est soumis en application de la résolution 70/80 de l’Assemblée générale, dans laquelle l’Assemblée a prié le Secrétaire général de lui présenter un rapport sur l’application de cette résolution, y compris sur les politiques adoptées et les activités menées par le système des Nations Unies dans ce domaine.
1. The present report, covering the period from August 2015 to July 2017, is submitted pursuant to General Assembly resolution 70/80, in which the Assembly requested the Secretary-General to report on the implementation of that resolution, including on relevant United Nations policies and activities.
Global Overview NOVEMBER 2016
Global Overview OCTOBER 2016
CrisisWatch is a monthly early warning bulletin designed to provide a regular update on the state of the most significant situations of conflict around the world.
Global Overview, August 2016
Global Overview – Trends and Outlook
UNDP provides support to nearly 170 countries, about 40 of which are affected by crisis and have received rule of law support through the Global Programme for Strengthening the Rule of Law in Crisis-Affected and Fragile Situations.
The month saw Venezuela’s political, economic and humanitarian crisis worsen amid heightened tensions between the government and opposition, a situation which could lead to state collapse and regional destabilisation. Another major setback in electing a new president in Haiti prompted fears of further civil unrest. In West Africa, deadly violence in central Mali and south-east Nigeria spiked, while a power struggle in Guinea-Bissau led to a dangerous standoff.