Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- Returning Congolese find homes in ruins, livelihoods destroyed
- Ebola Outbreak in Democratic Republic Congo is ‘largely contained’: WHO
- Au Kasaï, les enfants continuent de souffrir de malnutrition
- Enhanced interactive dialogue on the Democratic Republic of the Congo, 3 July 2018: Statement by UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein
- Mothers of Congo’s lost children break silence
Global Overview MAY 2018
DTM flow monitoring data compiled from national authorities and IOM offices show that the number of arrivals through Mediterranean routes between January and March 2018 is half the number of arrivals in the same period in 2017. In the first quarter of 2018 a total of 1,956 migrants and asylum seekers arrived in Europe using different land and sea routes, in comparison to 34,531 registered in the first quarter of 2017. As previously reported, the decrease is mainly due to the drop in arrivals in Italy.
Global Overview APRIL 2018
Poland will hold the presidency of the Council in May. An open debate on the Council’s role in upholding international law is planned, to be chaired by the country’s President Andrzej Duda, with Secretary-General António Guterres expected to brief. A ministerial-level open debate on the protection of civilians in armed conflict is also expected, with Polish Minister for Foreign Affairs Jacek Czaputowicz presiding and briefers including Guterres and Director-General of the ICRC Yves Daccord.
12,736 TOTAL ARRIVALS TO EUROPE IN 2018 10,566 ARRIVALS BY SEA IN 2018 2,170 ARRIVALS BY LAND IN 2017 20,200 ARRIVALS TO EUROPE BY THE END OF FEBRUARY 2017
Global Overview FEBRUARY 2018
- 186,768 TOTAL ARRIVALS TO EUROPE
- 172,362 TOTAL ARRIVALS TO EUROPE BY SEA
- 14,406 TOTAL ARRIVALS TO EUROPE BY LAND
Global Overview DECEMBER 2017
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
1. Le présent rapport, qui couvre la période allant d’août 2015 à juillet 2017, est soumis en application de la résolution 70/80 de l’Assemblée générale, dans laquelle l’Assemblée a prié le Secrétaire général de lui présenter un rapport sur l’application de cette résolution, y compris sur les politiques adoptées et les activités menées par le système des Nations Unies dans ce domaine.
1. The present report, covering the period from August 2015 to July 2017, is submitted pursuant to General Assembly resolution 70/80, in which the Assembly requested the Secretary-General to report on the implementation of that resolution, including on relevant United Nations policies and activities.