Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- DR Congo: 2017-2019 Humanitarian Response Plan - 2018 Update
- Donors Announce $528 Million in Funding to Scale Up Aid Delivery to People in Urgent Need in DRC
- Needs reach fever pitch in Congo as world watches in silence
- DR Congo: Funding urgently needed to avert a catastrophe, says CAFOD
- Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, Mark Lowcock: Statement on United Nations and Humanitarian Community Making Progress in Scaling Up Aid to People in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
OVER 4,000 TO RETURN FROM DARFUR REFUGE
PLUS DE 4 000 RÉFUGIÉS TCHADIENS PRÊTS À RENTRER CHEZ EUX
A la semaine 8 de la saison épidémique 2015, trois (3) districts ont franchi le seuil épidémique et trois (3) autres le seuil d’alerte au Ghana et au Nigeria.
Ghana : Le district de Nadom qui avait franchi le seuil épidémique à la semaine 2 est repassé à nouveau en phase épidémique avec un TA de 19.3 et, le district de Daffiama-Buissie-Issa a franchi le seuil d’alerte avec un TA de 6.0
CONTACTS: Vivian Fiore - Vivian.email@example.com, Phone: +1 (847) 866-3234 (US)
HUMANITARIAN GROUP’S OCTOBER 24 LIVESTREAM EVENT FROM CHICAGO FEATURES TOP GLOBAL HEALTH EXPERTS, POLIO-SURVIVOR MINDA DENTLER, POP STAR TESSANNE CHIN, REGGAE’S ZIGGY MARLEY AND MORE
At week 22 of the 2014 epidemic season, two (2) districts in Benin crossed the alert threshold with the following AR: The district of Tanguieta with an AR of 6.2 and the district of Materi with an AR of 5.7. In general the epidemiological situation remains calm in the meningitis belt countries.
From week 01 to 22 of the 2014 epidemic season, 11,404 cumulative cases of suspected meningitis were notified with 1,094 deaths, representing a CFR of 9.6%.
At week 20 of the 2014 epidemic season, two (2) districts in Benin and Ghana crossed the alert threshold with the following AR: In Benin, the district of Tanguieta with an AR of 8.7; in Ghana, the district of Jirapa with an AR of 5.3.
In general the epidemiological situation remains calm in the countries of the countries.
From week 01 to 20 of the 2014 epidemic season, 11,030 suspected cumulative meningitis cases were notified with 1,062 deaths, representing a CFR of 9.6%.
At week 19 of the 2014 epidemic season, two (2) districts in Benin crossed the alert threshold with the AR of 6.2 in Tanguieta and 5.8 in Cobly. In general the epidemiological situation remains calm in countries of the belt.
From week 01 to 19 of the 2014 epidemic season, a cumulative total of 9,347 suspected cases of meningitis were notified with 874 deaths, representing a CFR of 9.4%.
At week 18 of the 2014 epidemic season, only the district of Obala in Cameroun crossed the alert threshold with an AR of 7.2; In general, the epidemiological situation remains calm in the countries of the belt.
From week 01 to 18 of the 2014 epidemic season, a cumulative total of 9,175 suspected cases of meningitis were notified with 863 deaths, representing a CFR of 9.4%.
At week 16 of the 2014 epidemic season, the district of Tanguieta in Benin has remained in the alert phase with an AR of 6.2; In Nigeria, the LGA of and Augie has reached the alert threshold with AR of 6.7; The LGAs of Aliero and Gwandu have crossed the epidemic threshold with the respective AR of 19.0 and 15.0
Negative regional impact of Nigeria production shortfall
Admission trends for acute malnutrition remain high
Over 50,000 Chadian returnees and refugees from Sudan in Tissi (Chad)
A total of 20,556 cases of cholera recorded in West and Central Africa
Sixty-fourth General Assembly
8th & 9th Meetings (AM & PM)
Deputy Secretary-General Says Issue Is Central to Vision of Secure World
The Sixth Committee (Legal) met today to address the issue of the development of the rule of law at national and international levels. Although there were reports of progress in many areas, concerns of an inequality in adherence to desired standards were also expressed.
Données au 26 août 2008. F our les informations détaillées et les derniers chiffres concernant les cas de poliomyélite par pays mis à jour chaque semaine : www.polioeradication.org
- La flambée au Nigéria entraîne une augmentation du budget pour l éradication mondiale : L Initiative mondiale pour l éradication de la poliomyélite a publié des chiffres révisés pour le budget 2008-2009.
All data as of 26 August. For latest news and polio case data by country, updated every week: www.polioeradication.org
- Nigeria outbreak increases global eradication budget: The Global Polio Eradication Initiative has published, revised increased budget figures for 2008-2009.
- World cereal production in 2008 is forecast to increase 2.6 percent to a record 2 164 million tonnes. The bulk of the increase is expected to be in wheat following significant expansion in plantings in major producing countries. Coarse grains output is tentatively forecast to remain around the bumper level of last year. Rice production is foreseen to increase slightly reflecting production incentives in several Asian countries.