Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Congo's mega-crisis at deadly tipping point
- Democratic Republic of the Congo: violence in Tanganyika and South Kivu fuels one of the world’s worst displacement crises for children – UNICEF
- Changing lives with one swipe in DRC
- WFP Broadens Operation To Stem Severe Hunger In Democratic Republic of Congo's Kasai Region
- DR Congo violence sees surge in refugees fleeing eastwards
Authors: Steve Wiggins, Julia Compton and Sharada Keats
The issue of rising food prices came to international attention in early 2008. This document answers the following questions about the crisis and responses to it:
- What has happened to food prices and why?
- Why are food prices important & where can we find them?
- How have countries and the international community responded?
- The future