Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
- OCHA: Bulletin humanitaire R.D. Congo - Numéro 5 | novembre 2017
- OCHA : Sud-Kivu & Maniema : Note d’informations humanitaires du 05/12/2017
- IFRC: DRC: Population Movement DREF n° MDRCD022 Operations Update n°02
Appeals & Funding
- Appel Éclair: Plan de Réponse D’urgence Avril 2017
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier 2017 - Décembre 2019
- FAO DRC Response Plan 2017–2018: Kasaï and Tanganyika Provinces
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- Burundi Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan–Dec 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- DR Congo mega crisis forcing millions to flee
- Kasai, DRC: Millions at risk as funding dries up
- Humanitarian aid should be amped up for South Sudanese refugees in DRC
- Democratic Republic of the Congo Overview (November 2017)
- 7 million children under threat in the DRC: Brussels donor meeting has to focus on saving more lives
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
The map below shows asylum applications by under age 18 year olds and gender. Darker colours mean more people have applied in a certain country. Use the slider to select a year or the drop down menus below to display data for different age groups or different home countries.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
CIUDAD DE MÉXICO, 14 de mayo 2014 (ACNUR) – La oficina en México del Alto Comisionado de las Naciones Unidas para los Refugiados, ACNUR, y Radio UNAM llevaron a cabo el pasado jueves el lanzamiento de la serie radiofónica “Otro principio”, con testimonios de personas refugiadas en México.
La France aide chaque année de nombreux pays en difficulté. En 2012, les populations syriennes, palestiniennes et maliennes ont été les principaux bénéficiaires de son aide. L’action humanitaire d’État fait partie intégrante de l’action diplomatique de la France. Elle est guidée par les principes fondamentaux d’humanité, d’impartialité, d’indépendance et de neutralité définis par le droit international humanitaire.
Displaced by disasters: 32.4 million people uprooted in both rich and poor countries
**GENEVA, 13 MAY 2013 – A new report released today by the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC) reveals that 32.4 million people were forced to flee their homes in 2012 by disasters such as floods, storms and earthquakes. While Asia and west and central Africa bore the brunt, 1.3 million were displaced in rich countries, with the USA particularly affected.
- Cruz Roja Española, a través de su Fondo de Emergencias, contribuye a apoyar a los países afectados por el reciente huracán Sandy o el terremoto de Guatemala para ofrecer asistencia de primera necesidad como abrigo, cobijo o suministro de agua segura.
El impacto del huracán Sandy en Centroamérica y Caribe y del terremoto de Guatemala ha llevado a Cruz Roja Española a reforzar su intervención humanitaria en estos países, en estrecha colaboración con la Cruz Roja local.
Despite a four-day truce which was supposed to come into effect on Friday 26 October, fighting has continued to escalate in Damascus province, Aleppo, Idlib, Daara and Deir Ezzor in Syria manifested by a new wave of airstrikes by the Syrian forces and attacks by the rebels on strategic army checkpoints and air bases.
Camino Kavanagh and Bruce Jones
1). As we began the process of drafting this review, citizens across the Middle East and North Africa took to the streets to demand an end to the abusive practices of the security services, more representative and responsive government institutions, the protection of their rights, greater access to economic opportunity, participation in decision-making, and access to justice. They began demanding, in short, the rule of law.
El estado de la inseguridad alimentaria en el mundo 2009 es el 10.=BA informe de situación de la FAO sobre el hambre en el mundo desde la Cumbre Mundial sobre la Alimentación (CMA) de 1996. En el informe se destaca el hecho de que, incluso antes de que se produjeran la crisis alimentaria y la crisis económica, el n=FAmero de personas que padecían hambre había aumentado lenta pero constantemente.
The Food Facility is the EU's €1 billion response to the food crisis, targeting the transition period from emergency aid to longer-term development. Set up in close collaboration with the UN Secretary-General's High-Level Task Force on the Global Food Security Crisis it focuses on programmes that will have a quick, but lasting impact on food security.
World Relief responds directly to the world's most complex humanitarian crises.
World Relief's response focuses on the communities of Um Tagouk, Azirni and Sanidadi in war-torn West Darfur:
In 2008, World Relief's feeding centers provided nourishing food - plumpynut and corn soya blend - to thousands of vulnerable children under 5 and their mothers.
Two health clinics supported by World Relief in Um Tagouk and Sanidadi provided essential medical services for thousands of people; a World Relief doctor and public health expert …
- World cereal production in 2008 is forecast to increase 4.9 percent to a record 2 232 million tonnes, considerably up from earlier predictions after better than expected results from the major harvests gathered in the past two months.
- Based on the latest production forecast, a significant improvement in the global supply and demand balance for cereals in the 2008/09 season can be expected.
(Panama City, 9 September, 2008): During a four-day visit to the Latin American region, John Holmes, Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, announced that an appeal is being finalized as part of the humanitarian efforts being carried out in Haiti, one of the Caribbean nations severely affected by the 2008 hurricane season.
Mr. Holmes also said that the Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) is being used to support response operations being carried out in the region.
Part I: Operational Requirements and Shortfalls
Overview of the 2007 Programme of Work
As the end of 2007 nears, the number of people the World Food Programme is seeking to support has risen to 83 million. The amount of food assistance required to assist these people is valued at US$3.4 billion. Considering resources mobilized thus far in 2007, the current level of funding falls short by some US$653 million.
Additional resources amounting to approximately US$800 million are required before the end of 2007 to ensure uninterrupted food aid deliveries for ongoing activities.
Sixty-first General Assembly
52nd & 53rd Meetings (AM & PM)
Assembly Also Considers Strategies to Forestall Disasters, Boost Response; Assistance to Palestinian People; Three Texts on Regional Cooperation Adopted
Sixtieth General Assembly
Silver Spring, Maryland - The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is providing food security for thousands in Jamaica, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Niger, and Mongolia.
In February of 2005, ADRA shipped a 40-foot container of seeds to Jamaica, launching the start of a project entitled, "Resuscitating Jamaica's Farming Stock after Hurricane Ivan." The project, serving 20,000 people and valued at more than $9.000, is designed to help Jamaican farmers recover from the loss of crops after the onslaught of Hurricane Ivan last fall.
DISCLAIMER: The following is a non-exhaustive selection of health-related events For a list of acronyms, please see the last page of this and WHO actions undertaken during the stated period in specific countries in update. which populations are experiencing crisis conditions. This has been compiled by WHO/Health Action in Crises (HAC/HQ), in consultation with relevant Country and Regional Offices.