Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
- UNHCR DR Congo Factsheet, 30 September 2017 EN/FR
- OCHA: Nord-Kivu : Note d’informations humanitaires du 16 Oct 2017)
- IOM Emergency Operations and Humanitarian Coordination Situation Report, September 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Appel Éclair: Plan de Réponse D’urgence Avril 2017
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier 2017 - Décembre 2019
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- Burundi Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan–Dec 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2012
The West and Central Africa region has experienced severe flooding in the 2017 rainy season, causing significant material and human casualties. A combination of swollen rivers and high impact incidents has led to destruction of infrastructure and agricultural assets, population displacement, and complications for access and relief assistance.
The savannahs of Africa cover a mind-boggling 600 million hectares, of which 400 million hectares are cultivable, the President of the African Development Bank, Akinwumi Adesina, has said.
EVANSTON, Ill. (Oct. 17, 2017) — With just 11 confirmed polio cases so far in 2017, the world is on the brink of eradicating polio, a vaccine-preventable disease that once paralyzed hundreds of thousands of children each year.
To recognize this historic progress, Rotary clubs worldwide will host events in conjunction with Rotary International’s fifth annual World Polio Day celebration on Oct. 24.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
CERF enables fast, flexible and needs-based support for people affected by humanitarian emergencies. The UN General Assembly established the fund in 2005 to provide timely assistance in crises. Since its operational launch in 2006, CERF has developed a reputation for its ability to kick-start humanitarian action, scale up the response to emergencies and serve as a lifeline for people struggling to survive in the world’s most underfunded crises.
El informe de la FAO indica un repunte de las cosechas en la mayoría de los países de bajos ingresos con déficit de alimentos
Le rapport de la FAO souligne la hausse des récoltes dans les pays aux plus faibles revenus et plus importants déficits vivriers
Conflicts drag down food security amid growing global food output
FAO report notes rebounding harvests in most low-income food-deficit countries
21 September 2017, Rome-- Robust harvests in Latin America and rebounding agricultural conditions in Southern Africa are on course to improve the global food supply situation, but ongoing civil conflicts and climate-related shocks are affecting progress towards hunger reduction, according to the new edition of FAO's Crop Prospects and Food Situation report.